Grids and Sine wave drawing tools

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Hi.

seem to have hit a problem on mediafire.

here's the new URL http://www.mediafire.com/?pxa3h365gqfp8u8 (still the Aug 28th version - new version with extra features - will be along soon)
MustJee

Re: Grids and Sine wave drawing tools

Post by MustJee »

hayasidist wrote:The file is … a zip with a Readme, the LUA and the icons. It has been tested only on ASP7.

This set of tools is based on the SHAPE tools that come with Anime Studio.
The three key things are: Multipoint straight line; Grid; Sine wave (the other three were more of a practice run than anything else).
installed it exactly like is written in the Readme - but I don't see anything new/changed in my AS8 Pro.

Do I have to change some other file, _tool_list.txt e.g.?
'til yet I haven't changed anything in the PRG: it's as »pure« as I've installed it.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

nope - you don't have to do anything special - just copy the tool icon and LUA into the tool directory and the "sub-tool" icon folder into resources directory - and you'll see the icon in the "other" panel at the bottom of the tool list. I'm not on my AS system right now - but I'll download and make sure that the file on the server is OK.

In the meantime - could you just check that you copied them to the right directory - If you've upgraded from 7 or debut you might have more than one Anime Studio folder ... also you do have the "tools" panel on view? in a vector layer (the tool is greyed out on layers where drawing doesn't make sense)? and are you windows or mac?

[edit:] just downloaded and re-installed from mediafire -- all seems OK here. suggest that you check that the files are correctly copied to the target directories. (if windows you'll need admin rights to write to the program files directories). if you're still having trouble please PM me.
Rainer

Post by Rainer »

Hayasidist, thanks for these incredibly useful tools. When you're working on your new version, do you you think you could also include a rounded rectangle (thanks to your polygon tool it's easy to make one by adding a point to every second side of an eight sided polygon, but would be nice to just have one there).
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

you can get a round cornered rectangle by creating a 4-sided polygon whilst holding down CTRL (CTRL when used to create oval, polygon, star and line changes the curvature at each point to "rounded" from peaked).
Or try a 4-point oval with or without CTRL pressed. Or use the standard draw tools - rectangle and change curvature. But if that's no good please say and I'll certainly add that to the wish list ...

... and - whilst I was expermenting with something completely different - the AS "change curvature" tool imposes limits on the curvature. this is the sort of thing you get if you break those limits on rectangle and rhombus:

the size of the "lobes" depends on just how far you exceed the nominal limit... so ... if there's a demand that'll be what I'll do
SpaceBoy64

Post by SpaceBoy64 »

Those look like cool tools!

I was just thinking it would be nice to have something like that. I need to create a calendar.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

hi - just to be clear - the "lobes" feature isn't in the current release version .. if that's what you want please say, and then it'll be about 1 month away.
SpaceBoy64

Post by SpaceBoy64 »

I was thinking of using the grid function
Rainer

Post by Rainer »

Hayasidist, thanks for getting back so quickly. What I was after was vertical sides, horizontal top and bottom, rounded corners. I'm building a wall out of blocks, mine don't have to be very accurate just rounding a polygon is OK for this; I think Spaceboy is looking for the same thing with more precision.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

OK - I think I understand what you mean! a shape like this?

It's on the list! I'll have a think about the best UI to do this. No promises for a delivery date.
Rainer

Post by Rainer »

Yes, thanks again. Shapes like that have lots of uses besides blocks and mobile phone keys - portholes, plane windows, old fashioned TV screens, etc. And you can't import them from Inkscape.
hayasidist

round cornered rectangles

Post by hayasidist »

Hi all - here's an initial version of round-cornered rectangles. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?38rb4wpdhq2ebg9

It's an interim version, tested on 6.2 ONLY at present, pending integration into the utility shape drawing tool (HS Shape). (It does not need HS Shape to be installed.)

To install, copy the two files hs_shapeR .LUA (script) and .PNG (icon) into the Anime Studio tools directory

For more info see the "readme" in the download zip file. Any problems please let me know.
animedy

Post by animedy »

I tried to open link, but it doesn't work
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

yeah - had this a couple of times with mediafire - files seem to evaporate... I'll send you a PM ...

enjoy!