Set Origin for Rotating Points

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Dale264

Set Origin for Rotating Points

Post by Dale264 »

Hello,

Tried to find this in the manual but had no luck...can the origin point be set in the drawing tools for rotating points (not layer Origin).

Thank you.

Dale
slowtiger

Re: Set Origin for Rotating Points

Post by slowtiger »

Makes no sense. If you want to rotate an object, always rotate the layer. The drawing "rotate" tool is only for drawing, not for animation, because every single point just translates in a straight line from one position to another.
Dale264

Post by Dale264 »

Actually makes a lot of sense if you want to tweak something during the drawing process on an arc using the rotate points tool and an origin point, say in one corner of the object. Sometime spinning from the center isn't the desired method. But I guess it can't be moved, thanks for taking the time and thanks again for answering my other question.

Dale
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Look for Fazek's tools. On its rotation tool version, you can move the origin of the selected points.
Anyway, take in count what slowtiger said, every point movement you make is always a lineal translation during the animation.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Dale264

Post by Dale264 »

Thank you selgin, just something that can be used during the drawing process every once in a while, I haven't had much need for it in the past. And I do understand what slowtiger is referring to, I've picked up a lot of tips from him over the years by coming to the forum, thanks slowtiger.