3D object gray texture

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Asterix

3D object gray texture

Post by Asterix »

I imported a obj with Ultimate Unwrap 3D, and I get a grayed texture.

http://imagebin.org/223269
ASP 7.1
rocky53204

Re: 3D object gray texture

Post by rocky53204 »

I'm only posting this because no one has sent you an answer yet.
Imports of obj files are hinky to impossible... (see: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=22832&p=125934&hili ... es#p125934

In your case you may be trying to import an object lacking texture and/or material information. Trying to cope with the same problem...
rocky53204

Post by rocky53204 »

I downloaded a file that has an .mtl (material) file that references graphic files on the machine they were produced on... hence my computer cannot display the missing textures. I will try to manually edit the .mtl file. (it's a text file) to re-direct file seeks to something I have. You might want to see if you have a similar situation.
Asterix

Post by Asterix »

rocky53204 wrote:I downloaded a file that has an .mtl (material) file that references graphic files on the machine they were produced on... hence my computer cannot display the missing textures. I will try to manually edit the .mtl file. (it's a text file) to re-direct file seeks to something I have. You might want to see if you have a similar situation.

Ha the Unwrap 3D exported the texture correctly, the problem is the mtl. It need to change the jpx by png and it worked.
ASP 7.1