how to fix jitter problem

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ahzra

how to fix jitter problem

Post by ahzra »

hi all, few weeks ago i put a video about full body turn test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT6UVv6G ... ature=plcp

and some one told me that i had jitter problem at shoulders . i tried to find a solution for it but i could not know the way. if some one here could help me and tell me the solution to fix this problem . that would be nice

regards :D :D
chucky

Re: how to fix jitter problem

Post by chucky »

Sorry ahzra but I can tell from the video alone. Good luck fixing it though :D :)
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

The video has too little information but I am going to take a wild guess and say that you are using depth sorting in a group layer to do the layer ordering?

If so, sometimes layers will "flicker" like that when there is depth sorting by true distance and the layer gets close to order change and sort flickers. Just guessing. Can't help without the file or seeing how it's constructed.

-vern
ahzra

Post by ahzra »

heyvern wrote:The video has too little information but I am going to take a wild guess and say that you are using depth sorting in a group layer to do the layer ordering?

If so, sometimes layers will "flicker" like that when there is depth sorting by true distance and the layer gets close to order change and sort flickers. Just guessing. Can't help without the file or seeing how it's constructed.

-vern
thanks heyvern , you are right i used depth sort of layers . but i dont know how to fix the flicker problem or enhance it , this is the anime studio file . if you could modify it to fix the problem

http://www.mediafire.com/?obyjmilh597m79b

regards :D
ahzra

Post by ahzra »

chucky wrote:Sorry ahzra but I can tell from the video alone. Good luck fixing it though :D :)
thanks chucky , here is the anime studio file if you could fix it :D

http://www.mediafire.com/?obyjmilh597m79b

regards
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Ha! Simple fix, but I will let you handle it.

The jittering is caused by the layer order key frames!!!

In your file you have layer order keys on frame 1 and 2. Frame 1 the arm with the flicker (your right, character's left arm) is on top, frame 2 that arm is behind. On the LAST frame the layer order key has the arm BEHIND. When it loops to the start you get 3 keys next to each other "flickering" the layer order of the arm back and forth. If you want this to loop smoothly make sure your key frames match up on the last and first key frames. I would suggest just eliminating the frame 1 key as it isn't needed or if it is needed just put the right arm behind the torso to match the other keys.

-vern
ahzra

Post by ahzra »

heyvern wrote:Ha! Simple fix, but I will let you handle it.

The jittering is caused by the layer order key frames!!!

In your file you have layer order keys on frame 1 and 2. Frame 1 the arm with the flicker (your right, character's left arm) is on top, frame 2 that arm is behind. On the LAST frame the layer order key has the arm BEHIND. When it loops to the start you get 3 keys next to each other "flickering" the layer order of the arm back and forth. If you want this to loop smoothly make sure your key frames match up on the last and first key frames. I would suggest just eliminating the frame 1 key as it isn't needed or if it is needed just put the right arm behind the torso to match the other keys.

-vern
thanks heyvern i will try your solution . and special thanks for being interested :D