My Entry for "Steve and the Alien Contest"

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

neeters_guy

My Entry for "Steve and the Alien Contest"

Post by neeters_guy »

Here's my entry for Incredible Tutorials "Steve and the Alien Contest" mentioned here: Win a free copy of anime studios 8

It's not finished so it's technically disqualified, but I wanted post it as a wip anyway. It was great fun and fairly easy too, particularly when all the shots are worked out already.

cheyne

Re: My Entry for "Steve and the Alien Contest"

Post by cheyne »

Nice Neeters - what a great idea for a tutorial as well. I will have to give this a go at some in the future. Wish I had the time now, would be nice to score a free copy of version 8!
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Great work, Neeters. It looks like a fun contest and you made a wonderful job, surpassing the teacher by far.

Since it's WIP, I will take the freedom to give you a couple ideas to improve the animation. When the character is chewing, the movement stop too suddenly. That makes the idea the character didn't finish to eat his bites. A couple more slower chewing would help to give a better sensation.
The other detail I think would make a difference, is to have the truck doors quickly waving when are open. Several forces are over the doors, the truck up and down, the velocity, the air passing, etc.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Thanks for the comments and valuable feedback. They might inspire me to actually finish the piece! :)
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

Great stuff!
Cheers, Larry
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Looks tight
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Thanks for the comments. This version adds another 14 seconds. Also replaced the soundtrack and tweaked the animation of Steve chewing and the van doors swinging.

neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Here's my final entry.

Here's a sketch I used to create the characters (never ended up making the side view).

Even though this just under two minutes long, there are almost two dozen shots. It was a terrific learning exercise to be sure. There's was more stuff I wanted to do/fix, but basically I had to just wrap it up.

Thanks for all the great comments (and all the great techniques I learned here).
gregino

Post by gregino »

Great entry Neeters guy !
I don't understand the people who disliked your video, they should 've explained their choice in the comments...
awalker

Post by awalker »

Great entry. Been a fan of your work since i've joined the forums. Loved your pokemon parody short. With respect to the other contestants I believe yours, gregino, joofville are among the best submissions imo. Congrats & good luck.