Anime Studio Animation Plus Corona SDK For IPAD & Androi

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

prabhatM

Anime Studio Animation Plus Corona SDK For IPAD & Androi

Post by prabhatM »

Hi,

Is there any way to use Anime Studio work work with Corona SDK ( anscamobile.com ). Corona too uses Lua.

If animation, Scene , Characters could be exported to Corona, it will be an interesting option to use Anime Studio for game projects in Corona.

Using Anime Studio particle system will also be very valuable for Game Projects in Corona for IPAD and Android Tablets.
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

Yes, the images (png format) can be used in Corona. You'll lower the file size if Corona supports sprite sheets.

Don't export particle effects from Anime Studio to use in Corona. The file size would be to large. It would be better to export a png image and have Corona's scripting engine or feature run the particle effect to reduce file size and cpu usage.
prabhatM

Anime Studio and Corona for IOS and Android

Post by prabhatM »

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

I was wondering about a possibility like KWIK (www.kwiksher.com) , a photoshop plug-in that coverts PSD's to interactive elements and then exports Lua file to be read, edited and compiled by Corona like a regular production pipeline.
Banterfield

Re: Anime Studio Animation Plus Corona SDK For IPAD & Androi

Post by Banterfield »

Any idea of the Quicktime .mov animation format (with transparency data built into it) can import into Kwik? Not as separate .pngs, but as a .mov video file. For that matter, could Kwik be used as a platform to trigger video files in general?

I couldn't find info about what formats are supported on their site. I'm imagining something where different buttons are punched within the app, then an actual video file is triggered and plays. I'd like to repurpose some of the materials I've created for an Anime Studio project in an app.

Cheers,
Dave
prabhatM

Post by prabhatM »

As mentiioned earlier on this thread, you can use PNG's and spritesheet. If you are referring to Corona, it's easier to deal with Sprite Sheet, even through Kwik. Neither Corona nor Kwik supports MOV format yet on android.
prabhatM

Re:

Post by prabhatM »

J. Baker wrote:Yes, the images (png format) can be used in Corona. You'll lower the file size if Corona supports sprite sheets.

Don't export particle effects from Anime Studio to use in Corona. The file size would be to large. It would be better to export a png image and have Corona's scripting engine or feature run the particle effect to reduce file size and cpu usage.
===

Is there any possibility of setting up a scene in Anime Studio and export the whole scene as a LUA file, to be edited and compiled in Corona for Android ?
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Google just informed me they are now shipping out my Nexus 7 tablet. :D
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
JaMike

Post by JaMike »

InfoCentral wrote:Google just informed me they are now shipping out my Nexus 7 tablet. :D
That's the first sentence in this thread I actually understood... :D