Eye movement in Character Wizard

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Vinny

Eye movement in Character Wizard

Post by Vinny »

Hi, newbie here. I created some characters in Character Wizard and I can't get my characters to move their eyes (i.e. blink,etc.). I looked at the eye layers and the different eye movements are there but are greyed out. I saw a tutorial where someone created characters in Character Wizard and had eye movements so I know it can be done. I've read about switch layers but this is over my head. Any help is appreciated. I learn best by doing hands on training so all the tutorials I read aren't helping.

Thanks,

Vinny :)
Fulkster

Re: Eye movement in Character Wizard

Post by Fulkster »

I believe the eyes (Eye L and Eye R) are switch files, so you select which position you want by rt-clicking "Look Left" or whichever you want... I believe it is set up so you have to work the eye switches individually.
Vinny

Post by Vinny »

How do I use the switch files? That's my biggest issue-I can't figure out how to use them. :(
madriver

Post by madriver »

Hi Vinny: the manual is a good place to start for learning about switch layers. In a nutshell, right click on the yellow icon and select the layer you want to be visible.
Fulkster

Post by Fulkster »

Hi Vinny... Yeah, Madriver is right... "rtfm" is a great place to start. "Switch Layers" starts on page 274 for AS8 (I'm assuming it is AS 8 since you mention character wizard.) Feel free to post questions if there is something in the manual that you don't understand.

(Layer types starts on 267, so it'd be a good idea to understand all the layer types, not just one of them.)

There IS a lot to this program, so it'll take just a little patience... but what seems complicated at first doesn't really require a great deal of understanding.
Vinny

Post by Vinny »

Which yellow icon?
I can select the eye layer but all the options except "open" are greyed out.
I read through the manual but I can't figure this out! :x
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

When you RIGHT click on the eye switch layer a box will open up and you select what eye you want from there. You do not select the eye from opening the actual switch layer.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
Vinny

Post by Vinny »

I right clicked on an eye layer and a drop down box appeared with 4 different eye movements. "Open" is the default, the other eye movements are shown also but the boxes are grayed out. Where do I go from there? I clicked on "Blink" but it won't show up on the timeline. FWIW, when I click on "blink" it looks like a colored line is around the eye (Vector?). :?:
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Are you using Debut or some kind of trial version of AS 8? If so that may be the trouble. I do not own 8 so I can not really know for sure.
Sorry for bad animation

Vinny

Post by Vinny »

I have Anime 8 Debut.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Vinny wrote:I have Anime 8 Debut.
Switch layers are a Debut option so that isn't it. I see no reason why they are greyed out. If you go to the manual, near the end, look for what is available for Debut and Pro. There might be some Character Wizard stuff that will not work in Debut, for examples switch layers will work with your own designed eyes but not the Wizards.

I am sure someone with Pro 8 will respond to this over the next few days with a better answer than I can give you.
Sorry for bad animation