Blurred, High-speedy Backgrounds?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Fulkster

Blurred, High-speedy Backgrounds?

Post by Fulkster »

I thought I had come across a tutorial in these forums for making a (easy?) blurry background that looks like a lot speed is taking place (for 5 to 10 seconds). ...maybe even something like "hyper-space"? ...but I'm not finding it...

Can anyone teach me to do that in AS? (I have Anime Studio 8.)

Thanks for any help!
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Might not be what you're looking for but I always liked speed lines to show this effect. I don't know if you downloaded these when you bought AS8 but you can still download the bonus content which is a bunch of different speed lines types. Here's the link if you want.

http://www.contentparadise.com/productd ... 6&sgid=627
Fulkster

Post by Fulkster »

Thanks jonbo, I remember getting that!

I'll play around with that a little.

Thanks!
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Speed BG recipe in 2 minutes:

- Get any image from google which has the colours you like, lots of detail, and is small. (not wider than 50 px.)
- Import into AS and stretch it in one direction. Stretch more. Make it a loooong line, at least 30 times wider than high.
- Test render. If you like, apply some blur.
Fulkster

Post by Fulkster »

Thanks Slotiger... you're always helpful!
Jonbo wrote: Might not be what you're looking for but I always liked speed lines to show this effect. I don't know if you downloaded these when you bought AS8 but you can still download the bonus content which is a bunch of different speed lines types. Here's the link if you want...
Jonbo... I guess figuring out what to do with that download is the tough part. I didn't see any real instructions (I'm probably being blind) as how to use the line-backgrounds. Anyway, what I ended up trying with the lines is to use the same picture in a "switch" file, and quickly switched between the various pictures set at different rotations or viewpoints. Are there better ways to use those line backgrounds for speed?

Thanks for all the help!
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

The ones I mentioned are particle effects, you just have them play behind your character. I usually translate the character slightly to add to the effect like they do in a lot of the Japanese anime.
Fulkster

Post by Fulkster »

jonbo wrote:The ones I mentioned are particle effects, you just have them play behind your character. I usually translate the character slightly to add to the effect like they do in a lot of the Japanese anime.
Ah... Thanks for being patient with me! :D