Earth Day animation created by Victor Paredes

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Fahim

Earth Day animation created by Victor Paredes

Post by Fahim »

Hi Guys,

Here’s another great animation by Victor Paredes, aka Selgin. Please feel free to send it to your friends, share it on your website, FaceBook and other social media outlets.

Happy Earth Day - Animated Digital Card

http://anime.smithmicro.com/page/happy- ... -card.html

Regards,

Fahim
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Brilliant as ever! :D

A different style every time too.
Barry Baker

Post by Barry Baker »

Great animation and pretty perfect timing.
gregino

Post by gregino »

Great work, as usual!

Selgin, can you tell us about the way you manage textures ? I've tried many ways to had some on my projects but the result is not always so good...
Thank you.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Happy Earth Day to you too! Now why don't I get this day off...
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
benecosse

Post by benecosse »

gregino wrote:Selgin, can you tell us about the way you manage textures ? I've tried many ways to had some on my projects but the result is not always so good...
Thank you.
Yeah, me too. I'm guessing this was a mix of bitmap and vector artwork manipulated with bones.
But it's difficult to decipher the exact workflow as its done so well.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Hi all
Thank you, I'm very happy you liked the video. For the textures there are some tricks which helps a lot:

- It's all vector layer with the texture inside as an effect. Both fill and stroke have the same texture. The shapes have a brush applied to give it irregular borders, that makes the vector look much more natural. Also, each fill have a drop shadow effect.

- To make the textures tileable I used Corel Photopaint (but that process can be perfectly made with Photoshop or gimp). Here's a tutorial which describes de process.

- I Created a few tileable textures, then in Photopaint I changed the color of that textures to get the different colors I needed. I saved each color on a different png file. To keep the things in order, each element (pig, wolf, house, night sky, etc) have its own folder.

I think that's all :)
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
gregino

Post by gregino »

Thank you again,
Now it seems so obvious... you're a very good teacher ! :D
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

selgin wrote:Hi all
Thank you, I'm very happy you liked the video. For the textures there are some tricks which helps a lot:
I was just thinking that perhaps you could actually make a animation tutorial on how you do the short video. Just the animation part and not the content creation part. That would be a great help. :D
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: Earth Day animation created by Victor Paredes

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Hi,
Today is earth day again, so I made a post on my blog with some info, images and the original animatic. Maybe you would like to see it (it's in spanish, but it's not too important if you don't read):
http://www.animadoresporunacausa.blogsp ... imada.html
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel