Synfig 0.63.05 released

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Genete

Synfig 0.63.05 released

Post by Genete »

A new update of this open source 2D vector animation software has been released.
Many bug fixes and some interesting features.

http://www.synfig.org/cms/en/news/relea ... o-0-63-05/

-G
echa

Post by echa »

Hi, I want to thank you for your contribution the open source community. Your software is really cool.
InfoCentral

Re: Synfig 0.63.05 released

Post by InfoCentral »

Is this a frame-by-frame animation program? I noticed on the webpage it said something about "eliminating the tweening process."
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
Genete

Post by Genete »

InfoCentral wrote:Is this a frame-by-frame animation program? I noticed on the webpage it said something about "eliminating the tweening process."
No. Synfig is Vector and the elimination of the tweening process is made by the interpolation of the vector objects along the time.
Not really prepared for frame by frame animation understood as its traditional meaning.
-G
JaMike

Post by JaMike »

InfoCentral wrote:Is this a frame-by-frame animation program? I noticed on the webpage it said something about "eliminating the tweening process."
I always hated that quote. It's a very grandiose statement for something that A) doesn't actually eliminate the tweening process and B) isn't even a complete product yet. The guy's professional bio has to be seen to be believed too. And then he abandoned it, as far as I can see, leaving it to Genete and his small but loyal band of followers to pick up the pieces.

Synfig has some very nice ideas. It's a pity the key feature they push is the fact that it's open source, not what it can do as regards animation tools. I respect what Genete does - I think it's time HIS quote was on the top of the website. :)

VOTE GENETE FOR SYNFIG PRESIDENT!!!
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Genete wrote:Synfig is Vector and the elimination of the tweening process is made by the interpolation of the vector objects along the time.
What's the difference between "interpolation" and "tweening?" :?:
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
JaMike

Post by JaMike »

InfoCentral wrote:What's the difference between "interpolation" and "tweening?" :?:
Interpolation is a mathematical function.

Tweening is creating an image between two other images in time, to make the perceived movement look smoother.

In other words, interpolation looks crappy, tweening looks good. :lol: