Character head pack idea! Please give feedback, good or bad.

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Poptoogi

Character head pack idea! Please give feedback, good or bad.

Post by Poptoogi »

Hey guys and girls!

I've been thinking about this idea for a very long time but I haven't really pursued it until now. I'm trying to create a character builder for people who want to animate in anime studio but don't want to spend a lot of time making the artwork. I know, I know, anime studio already has a character creator but I don't think it's as good as it could be at the moment. I also know that a lot of you will say "You're ripping off family guy! That looks just like some Seth McFarlane sh#$t!" and to that I say, um yeah, it does BUT to be honest, I DID NOT trace or refer to any art from his shows. I just watch them a lot and enjoy this style of animation. All artwork that I've made for this has been from my head. Even so, I know some of you won't like this style but I'm planning to make completely different styles or characters as well if people think it's a good idea. I'm actually going to do it anyway so I can have a library of characters at my disposal when I make full length cartoons. I'd also like to make instructional videos to go along with these "packs" so that anyone can modify and add to them if they want! So anyway, just take a look at this sample video give me your thoughts. Is it something anyone is interested in? Should I sit and spin? Let me know! Oh and this picture is just a sample of the types of looks you can come up with this file.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP9HmnLrgLw

Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty! Pause, consider, do! I dare you!
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Wow, great minds think alike. About 2 weeks ago, I was playing with this exact concept, switch layers and all. Only I wasn't thinking of selling them like you, but just for my own use. I think it's a great idea, although I don't know what the demand might be. One idea I had that I don't see you using was facial hair i.e. beards, moustache, 5 o'clock shadow.
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Unequivocally "Yes"! What you're doing in the video looks like a lot fun. I think the younger users will love it especially.

Having named styles is a good idea. I might suggest making a separate outline style. Each shape can have two styles, one for fill and one for outline. You can change the outline globally then.

DK's webinar suggested including instructions with the anme files. I agree this would be a great value added.

Thumbs up!
hothead

Post by hothead »

let me see the front, side, back and back 3/4 view

good not a bad ideas but think about FREE too :D
toonertime

Post by toonertime »

you might consider a little
more variation in facial
expressions as well
SpaceBoy64

Post by SpaceBoy64 »

Yeah, it's a good idea. But the style is a bit limiting. Fine if you want to imitate Seth McFarlane, like you said, but what if I want a different look? Like Hanna/Barbera or Tex Avery style? Could you add other styles? Could you dial in things like nose length and width?
mimer

Post by mimer »

crazytalk animator is a software like what u said
but her interface is complicated to understand, so i haven't changed the tool i used :oops: