How to import moho animation on right frame in timeline

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ulrik

How to import moho animation on right frame in timeline

Post by ulrik »

Hi!
I have one Moho project going, the name is "transman", and at frame 370 I would like to import another Moho project I made, it contents a lot of animation in a lot of different layers, and I want them to start at frame 370 in my "transman" project. Is it possible to do that in a smooth way so that I dont have to move every frame in all layers in the imported project so it will start at the right time?
I could not find anything about that in the Moho manual.

I would be greatful for all help I can get!

Ulrik
F.M.

Post by F.M. »

I don't think that importing Moho projects INTO another Moho project is possible at the moment. You can import Moho objects from other Moho projects, but the imported object would have the keyframes as they were set in the original project.
"and then Man created god!"
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

You can't directly import an animation starting at frame 370, but there is a quite easy workaround.
Open the project you're about to import, rescale keframes (entire ducument) so it starts at frame 370. Create a top group layer and put everything in this (easier import with just one group). Save this temporary projectfile somewhere.
In the transman project, import Moho object, select the new top node and now that animation starts at #370 (If you don't want to put everything in one top group you have to import every group one at a time).
F.M.

Post by F.M. »

Maybe it would be of use to you, if you were to render the project that you wish to import. Moho would import a movie file at any frame you want, A movie with an Alpha channel might be the solution. HTH
"and then Man created god!"
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

thanks rylleman and F.M foranswering so fast, I will try this rescale thing right away, it seems smooth and not to time consuming I think
Thanks again! :D
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

jepp-

F.M. is right, that's the handiest and best solution i think.

(e.g. u can export with alpha channel 4 transparency, etc. and then import at the frame u wish to; PS: same with audio data)
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

I made as you said, rylleman, but I can't get it to work, when I try to rescale the whole document I get this warnig " do you really want to...etc, and I choose yes, nothing happens, the animations still starts at frame1...hmmm, I'll try some more.
I can import it as a movie file but I will have the opportunity to work some more on the animation to make it fit the new project so it would be nice to get this rescale thing to work
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

after rescaling the whole document with this setting: start frame=1 end frame=450 , new start frame=324 new end frame=774 the animation still starts at frame 1 but it's slower and streched and stops at frame 774, is taht a bug maybe? I'm running on a mac, osx 10.4.2
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

hmmm... sorry about the "rescale"-thing (i can't help. let's see what rylleman will post) but i would prefer the method of importing a rendered movie into ur project.

can u give more detailled information about this project?
maybe ur problem can be solved otherwise.
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

ulrik wrote:after rescaling the whole document with this setting: start frame=1 end frame=450 , new start frame=324 new end frame=774 the animation still starts at frame 1 but it's slower and streched and stops at frame 774, is taht a bug maybe? I'm running on a mac, osx 10.4.2
It's a bit buggy at times. 450-1=449, 324+449=773, try 773 as end frame, or if that doesn't work try 775, Moho doesn't seem to like moving and scaling a document just one frame.
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Ahhh...finally I found out what to do, I had to do a "Reset all layer channels" at frame1, then the "Rescale whole document" worked fine :D
Thanks for all support in this matter you're all very helpfull!
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

ulrik wrote:Ahhh...finally I found out what to do, I had to do a "Reset all layer channels" at frame1, then the "Rescale whole document" worked fine :D
Thanks for all support in this matter you're all very helpfull!
except for the events that were cycled, the cycling function disappered, the events where still there, but in this case there was'nt to much work to get them cycled again
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

hehe finally u did it :D
please share with us im coureous what you've created 8)
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

mr. blaaa wrote:hehe finally u did it :D
please share with us im coureous what you've created 8)
It's only an experiment, I'm new in animation and Moho but I will put up my work as it progress soon