i'm getting a little better

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

stonum

i'm getting a little better

Post by stonum »

i couldnt find a deer in content paradise, so i made this one with anime studio 8 debut.....i think it turned out pretty good :shock: Image
Last edited by stonum on Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Good work :D
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
stonum

Post by stonum »

thanks selgin...i just now noticed that i got the front left leg layer under the neck layer,,ha ha...easy enough to fix...the fun part now is going to be figuring out how to do a walk and run cycle for him.....i'll have to look at some videos of live deer ....they walk pretty weird :shock:
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

stonum wrote:thanks selgin...i just now noticed that i got the front left leg layer under the neck layer,,ha ha...easy enough to fix...the fun part now is going to be figuring out how to do a walk and run cycle for him.....i'll have to look at some videos of live deer ....they walk pretty weird :shock:
When you start the walk cycle for a 4 legged animal. it is almost like a human does(of course I mean 2 sets of walk cycles) it but the way the foot plants on the ground is different. A human would plant the heal 1st where Ungulates plant flat footed.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
Dust

Post by Dust »

Nice job
Did you use textures with the fur?
It's much more fun to create your own characters then buying them, although I too did buy some characters from CP and it was a real help.
This is is the best way to learn the trade.
stonum

Post by stonum »

me being a beginner,i chose the easiest way i could think of to make the deer, i didn't use vector layers cause i haven't learned them yet....all i did was take a photo with my camera of a little ceramic deer that i have at home here.....then i divided the deer photo into sections(legs, head, main body....)in my old microsoft 'picture it' program.....so i guess each layer is not a 'vector' layer, but is an 'image' layer,all inside a 'bone' layer.....so i automatically had the fur texture, cause the little ceramic deer has that texture :shock:
kavlor

Post by kavlor »

To get better you want to look at real life and even copy it.If you do this enough times you reach a point where you no longer need to look and can do it straight from your head,this applies to animation and drawing.
chucky

Post by chucky »

A human would plant the heal 1st where Ungulates plant flat footed
I have to pull you up on that one sbtamu, ungulates walk on their toes as their heels do not touch the ground when walking or running.
Fulkster

Post by Fulkster »

I like the tail-waggle! (Need a winking eye, now!) :)
stonum

Post by stonum »

yeah Fulkster, i thought about the eyes, and i got to do something with the ears too....you know those deer are always twitching their ears...looks like i'll be busy for a while :shock: