Character Animation Video Tutorial Series

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Would you be interested to pay 29.95 USD for a full set of video tutorials on character animation in Anime Studio?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:02 pm

Yes
57%
No
21%
Maybe
21%

Total votes: 28
F.M.

Post by F.M. »

If you press on his name on the "Blog page not found" notice, it will take you to it.

I have seen on this forum a few times that people have disappeared for a while because of health issues, and is possible that some have passed away without us ever finding out, after all an animators lifestyle is often very sedentary.
"and then Man created god!"
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

That would certainly explain the absence but that does nothing to explain the remooval of the store associated with the product. You have take both the actions taken as well as the actions not taked together.
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
Rainer

Post by Rainer »

Can't someone find out where he lives go and knock on his door and find out what's happened to him (or phone a relative)? For the amount of trouble he went through to get as far as he did he would have spent less time and made more money cleaning windscreens. We all know about internet scams, and to me, and I am far more suspicious than most people, this just doesn't seem like one. I'm hoping he's OK.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Let me sum this up so far...

(1) He has completely taken the product off the market and closed the shop. You can no longer order or pre-order.

(2) He has not contacted us pre-paid customers and has proven to be unreachable. He doesn't respond to direct e-mail or peoples posts.

Hummmm... 2 + 2 =
hothead

Post by hothead »

you are all adult stop complaint if he rob you all it your fault. when SM put out update you all use your credit card the same day like a little child the complaint about Bug in the software... same here he say pre-order and you give him you credit card number than you complaint that you get rob
People grow up hope this teach you all a lesson not to love sweets. and read the AS f@#$i%^ manual thats how i learn AS

oh i see him sometime on toon boom forum you can ask people there if they know where he live
SvenFoster

Post by SvenFoster »

I can see where everyone is comming from and the lack of feedback is a little worrying but I'm sure the is a classic case of poor estimation and scope creep. Gilles has set out to create a set of tutorials and people's expectations have been raised. He's probably added more and more and his circumstances have changed, making it harder to complete. Of course the longer it goes on the more he may feel he has to add to satisfy the anticipation.

All speculation, but we have little else right?

On the flip side. We all 'pre-ordered' with little in the way of dates, and I was happy to do so. If you want things to be safe and a known quantity you should wait till something is released and gets feedback. Of course if it turns out to be the worlds most awesome tutorial it's price may go up significantly.

Is it taking longer than most people thought? Yes. Is it a worry since he is reported to be quiet? Yes. However by pre-ordering you essentially agreed to contribute towards its development. I can tell you that development rarely goes to plan.

I hope he is ok and I'll say it again, there are easier ways than duping people to make a couple of bucks and making these vids is probably a charity event for a paid freelancer.
--Sven
What *if* the Hokey cokey *is* what its all about?
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Yeah..yeah...yeah...all I hear is everyone addressing fact 2 and nothing about fact 1. What concerns me most isn't the total silence. Its that it is combined with the sudden closing of the store and taking the product off the market.

You suddenly discontinue product orders and shut down the site without giving any warning and this doesn't bother anyone? This fact is basically ignored. The silence everyone is talking about I can overlook. Its the prequel of closing the shop that has my attention. Before this he would respond to email and posts.

OK, your just too busy to write a simple one line sentence. But your not too busy to take down your business site without any warning or follow up comment. Whats wrong with this logic?
Acesonnall

Post by Acesonnall »

Wait, why is taking down the prequal a problem. I haven't read this forum fully (A little ignorant of me), but maybe he is getting ready for the full release.
~Ace

Want to see my other (older, but still cool/funny) animations? Click the picture below!
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Acesonnall wrote:Wait, why is taking down the prequal a problem.
InfoCentral wrote:without any warning or follow up comment.
Acesonnall

Post by Acesonnall »

Eh, alright then.
~Ace

Want to see my other (older, but still cool/funny) animations? Click the picture below!
Apple'E'ed2

Post by Apple'E'ed2 »

:( Stop watching this subject ! > Done & dusted ! :(
JaMike

Post by JaMike »

hothead wrote:oh i see him sometime on toon boom forum you can ask people there if they know where he live
You've seen him recently on the Toon Boom forum? Maybe he works for them now? :)

But seriously, everyone should just do a chargeback on their credit cards, it should be a quite straightforward non-receipt of goods. No need for class actions (would that even work against an individual in another country?).
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

JaMike wrote:
hothead wrote:But seriously, everyone should just do a chargeback on their credit cards, it should be a quite straightforward non-receipt of goods.
That would be feasible for those who purchased 60 days or less. After that most credit cards don't allow charge backs. And getting a charge back from PayPal is a lost cause!
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

InfoCentral wrote:
JaMike wrote:
hothead wrote:But seriously, everyone should just do a chargeback on their credit cards, it should be a quite straightforward non-receipt of goods.
That would be feasible for those who purchased 60 days or less. After that most credit cards don't allow charge backs. And getting a charge back from PayPal is a lost cause!
Why is getting a payback PayPal a lost cause? if you did not get the product, PayPal always refunds.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
madrobot

Post by madrobot »

That has not been my experience with Paypal.