Please Don't Ignore This Question (Poser Debut)

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

systemcat

Please Don't Ignore This Question (Poser Debut)

Post by systemcat »

The last time I posted in this forum no one answered my questions and they were directed at learning Anime Studio Debut 8. Now I have a few questions about Poser Debut 8.

The lay out reminds me of Anime Studio's layout to a point. I know I can import .obj files, but rigging & boning ..that should be possible right? I can't seem to locate the controls for them.

Object selection? I can't locate a library menu for that. Like for stuff you've already placed on screen.

Also YouTube doesn't seem to have any tutorials on it and the company site's videos won't run.
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

I don't believe POSER DEBUT allows you to create bones. It's just the most basic controls to show you what poser can do. I hope you didn't pay for it because SMITH MICRO was giving it away at Christmas time. If you did, I would try to get your money back and put it towards poser 7,8,or 9 which does let you rig an object. I'm not sure I understand your other question, you can click on an object with a tool to select it. But you can select a specific object/body part for stuff already on the screen from the drop down menus. Look at this image.

systemcat

Post by systemcat »

So the program's a piece of BS? Just demo controls and 3D clipart?
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

systemcat wrote:So the program's a piece of BS? Just demo controls and 3D clipart?
Not quite, you can pose and animate the pre- made content or buy more content that's already rigged, just you're not able to rig your own objects. I don't think Debut sold well so they gave it away as a promo to try and up the interest in Poser.
systemcat

Post by systemcat »

RRrrrr ! It's like Daz Studio then! And unlike Daz which I got for free, this I didn't! I didn't know about the free promotion when it was going on.
Theo22

Post by Theo22 »

I just received an e-mail: today only Poser Debut is free again. So take your chance....

here is the link:

http://news.smithmicro.com/c.html?rtr=o ... ,iwn2,8yub
Acesonnall

Post by Acesonnall »

Thanks for that reminder. I'm really starting to get more involved in animation both 2D and 3D (Not even in college yet). The last day to get debut free is today, so I'll get it and see if I want it.

As a reminder, when downloading the .exe's if you have Windows, you're going to click "Printable Version" first, then click the download links and you most likely will get a 404 error if you do it from the regular page.

Thanks.
~Ace

Want to see my other (older, but still cool/funny) animations? Click the picture below!