New Music Video - TV Games are bad for you

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Here's an update on this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RowTgrG2keM

I find myself using Anime Studio Pro less and less and using Toon Boom Animate 2 more and more, SIMPLY because of the better freehand drawing tools in TBA. This was all done in TB (except a couple Photoshop sprites). Man. I used to dig ASP so much but its fallen behind with really lacking support for WACOM drawing / fill tools. I've used it once in the last 4/5 months or something.

I wonder if the team will ever listen to my hankering on about getting digital tablet drawing tools sorted out?
cheyne

Post by cheyne »

Looking wicked! Love all the extra pieces of details added in.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Thanks Cheyne ;)
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

dm, click on Mikdog's links. Browse the SmithMicro site. Take a look at the number of YouTube hits he has...
Cheers, Larry
2ner

Post by 2ner »

Great stuff as usual Mikdog.

The animation is creative and fun to watch. You really capture the old school arcade game graphics in a fun way. Your character design and drawing style are great.

I have a problem with the music though, because it captures the feel of the old school arcade game too well. It's actually irritating. The song itself is good, but I would soften the high end and consider adding something more dimensional or polyphonic that swings off the beat. Jumping up and down is fun in small doses, but soon becomes monotonous. Swing your arms around and move from side to side, then come back to the jumping up and down (talking metaphorically about the music.) No offense Kiffness.
SvenFoster

Post by SvenFoster »

noticed a much more of a contrast to the painted/high detailed parts like at 0:50s and the dog.. woof woof.

love it..still
--Sven
What *if* the Hokey cokey *is* what its all about?
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Sven > thanks man ;)

2ner> Yes, perhaps not a bad idea to cut out some of the more shrill frequencies there. May still be a while before this gets a proper release, possibly only next year sometime, so will have a chance to noodle.

Thnx.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Hi guys.

Looong time no see.

Anyway, here's an update on this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jNlvoUa4Q8

(Unlisted video - wip but pretty much done)

If you'd be so kind as to provide any feedback for anything you see that's weird or any fixes you may suggest, that'd be awesome, thanks.

ziggypaw

Post by ziggypaw »

Nice worlk I enjoyed this alot. Very fun, bright and with alot of energy. Reminds me a little of Rin and Stempy. The red man humping the brains of one of the main characters at the end was just funny as all hell.
cheyne

Post by cheyne »

Hey Mikdog - it's come together good man :-D I couldn't really fault it. I feel like I am having a flashback from the 80s watching RAGE (Australia music show) on a Saturday morning as a kid :-D
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Hi ziggy and cheyne. Thanks for replies.

Ok, think I'm pretty much done now. Added intro and outro and fixed a couple things:

http://youtu.be/XktIal0I0sM

Again, unlisted. Will likely take these vids down once the final version is up.

Phew. Been working on this video on and off for over a year now. Will be good to finally get it to see the light of day.
xothermik

Post by xothermik »

make it stop! make it stoooop! i swear the tune has been pounding in my head all day :D . had a power cut all day and was the first thing i wanted to play when it was restored!.

forget about your family.......family.........family
:D
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

AWWRIGHT! Final video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnAipGQ9KXs