Anime Studio Toolbar And Link Collection Website

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jhaustin1969

Anime Studio Toolbar And Link Collection Website

Post by jhaustin1969 »

EDIT: Over 80 Links in the Collection Now!!
04/17/2012: Added Ramón López Verdú's Lost AS Tools scripts into the Scripts and Tools section. Very Nice!!!!
04/16/2012: Added Parker's YouTube page to the Tutorials section. Also added his portfolio on Background Art in the Blogs, Feeds & References section, under Clip Art.
04/04/2012: Added a link to the Anime Studio Manuals, under the Smith Micro section.
03/26/2012: Added Dalemation's Blog and the Walk Cycle Depot to the Blogs, Feeds & Refs
section. Also added Dalemation's Creating Characters PDF file to the Tutorial section. (A download dialog box will show up when clicking on the PDF link)
03/16/2012: Added Mikdog's Blog & Rocky53204's clip art post from the Animator's Forum, into the Blogs, Feeds & Refs section. And the Incredible Tutorials site under the Tutorials section.
03/14/2012: Added SlowTiger's blog to the Blog, Feeds & References links.
03/08/2012: Added the Open Clip Art website to the Blog, Feeds & References links.
03/02/2012: Added a comprehensive list of Lua Add-ons link to the Scripts & Tools list.
02/27/2012: Added MRjonbo1964's YouTube channel to the Tutorial section and some Learning To Draw sites too!
-----------------------------------------------------

Almost 80 Links To Various Anime Studio Resources!

Hello All,

I am new to the forums but have been lurking for quite some time.

The reason I am just now posting here, is because I felt that I needed to contribute in some way. I am just beginning to understand AS (Debut) and felt it would be great if all of the Tutorials, Resources, Web Sites and Videos could be found in a single place.

So with that being said, I have created a Toolbar with Anime Studio in mind. It is far from complete, so please post anything that has helped you become more proficient in using AS and I will add it to the toolbar.

I hope that this will help a lot of people get the help they need with just a click of the mouse.

You can download it here: (Uses the well known Conduit Engine)
http://AnimeStudio.OurToolbar.com/

Don't worry, it is safe to download it and you can uninstall it at any time. This will work with IE, Firefox and Chrome (beta).

Thanks to everyone for the help I have received here on these forums and please let me know how I can make it better.

Edit: BTW - I am not a BOT or someone trying to get you to buy something. This is a free resource that I made for myself, but figured it could help a lot of others, so I am sharing it with you all too.

I can understand any hesitation you may have, so here are some of the links that are on the toolbar:

:All edits are listed at the top of the post:

Thanks again,
Joe Austin
Aspiring Animator
Last edited by jhaustin1969 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:24 pm, edited 15 times in total.
jhaustin1969

Should this be moved to a different forum?

Post by jhaustin1969 »

Hello again,

I'm wondering if maybe this would do better in the "How do I ...?" or the Tips & Techniques forums?

If so, could a Moderator move it to one of those forum topics please?

I suppose that it is also possible that no one needs this, so if nobody downloads or comments, I will just let it die and continue to use it myself.

Either way, I just want to thank this community for all the help I've received and I hope to show some actual work samples once I've completed them.

Thanks again,
Joe Austin
hothead

Post by hothead »

write a tool script everyone while download that
jhaustin1969

Tool Script

Post by jhaustin1969 »

Hello Hothead and thanks for the reply.

Could you tell me a little more about what you mean regarding a Tool Script?

Thank you,
Joe
jhaustin1969

New Scripts Menu

Post by jhaustin1969 »

Based on Hothead's suggestion, I have added a Scripts Menu item that currently only includes Ponysmasher's Anime Studio Scripts website.

Please, if you know of other resources that should be on here, let me know. I want this to be as useful to people as possible.

I want this to benefit everyone from Noob to Pro, so keep them coming!

Specifically looking for RSS feeds now.
Do you know of any good ones that update regularly?

Edit: Just added many more Scripting references. Stickies from the Forum as well as direct links to Lua resources.

Thanks!
Joe
jhaustin1969

More Updates and a Request

Post by jhaustin1969 »

Hello Again,

I've been working furiously on the new toolbar because I want to make this a SERIOUS addition to your work flow. I want this to be a Professional Tool that gets you the information you need quickly.

So, on that note, a few of you have downloaded the toolbar and I was wondering if you could tell me what you like about it and what you don't like.

And as always, if you can think of another resource that I am not aware of, and I'm sure there are many, then PLEASE give me links to them, so I can add them in.

If you have a Website/Blog about Anime Studio or a YouTube channel that you think would be helpful, then by all means let me know about it.

Note: There will be NO advertising or spamming or selling of names or anything of that nature here, so rest assured that this is simply a tool for passionate users of the Anime Studio program. I do not work for or am affiliated with Smith Micro or any other partner of theirs.

Thanks once again,
Joe
JaMike

Post by JaMike »

Thanks for going to the effort.

Me, I like to keep my toolbars as minimal as possible, so I wouldn't use it. But I guess it would be useful for newbies.
patricia3d

Post by patricia3d »

Thanks for the posting. Can you please describe the new features in the toolbar.
JaMike

Post by JaMike »

kkrawal wrote:Thanks for the posting. Can you please describe the new features in the toolbar.
It's not a toolbar for AS, it fits in your browser, and just contains links to various AS resources on the internet.
jhaustin1969

Post by jhaustin1969 »

JaMike is correct. This is a toolbar that is installed in your browser, that links to many resources that you can use for Anime Studio. This does not install directly into Anime Studio.

In response to kkrawal, here is a video that explains what the toolbar is and its content.

http://youtu.be/G0IdKTaYjcM
HTML is Turned off, so I cannot embed the video. Sorry!

Joe
chucky

Post by chucky »

Nice work there, very useful links, I am giving it a go but I too like a limited browser, I would definitely prefer a small button with a drop down list to a whole row.
Your toolbar would be great for new users especially but I don't know how they would find out about it.
RichardU

Post by RichardU »

I don't install toolbars either. It would be far more useful to me if you put all the useful links on a webpage. That gives you much more room to describe things. And I could access it from any browser without installing anything.
jhaustin1969

Post by jhaustin1969 »

I can understand why many people will not install yet another toolbar, so I agree that a website with all of the links on the toolbar would be a viable alternative. I will see what I can do about that as well. That way there is something for everyone.

I think I will post the page, when it is done, to a different forum topic though.

Would this sort of thing be better in the "Tips & Techniques" or the "How Do I ...?" Forum?

Thanks for the feedback!

Joe
patricia3d

Post by patricia3d »

Put all the links in a Text. Copy The Text and Paste here
That will be the best.
I am frightened because once my hard disk is formatted with a virus.
Theo22

Post by Theo22 »

jhaustin1969 wrote:I can understand why many people will not install yet another toolbar, so I agree that a website with all of the links on the toolbar would be a viable alternative. I will see what I can do about that as well. That way there is something for everyone.
Here is an example how we did it when we wanted to collect all the usefull websites for users of Sony Vegas. Maybe it helps you to design your list of usefull websites.

http://www.vegasforum.ae-video.nl/vegaslinks.html