broken reparent bone

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Conner_36

broken reparent bone

Post by Conner_36 »

http://gallery.me.com/betsalel#100134

I'm stuck, I open my project today and try and reparent a bone and now it's all break loose.

In the video I click reparent bone and then when I click a bone the layers disappear. I undo to get them back, but I'm still stuck.
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

You seem to be using the bone offset tool, not the bone reparent tool. Hold the alt-key and click the bone to reparent, then select the parent bone.
Conner_36

Post by Conner_36 »

lol, of course I would say the wrong thing... I mean I was trying to use the offset tool when things went bonk.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

1. Zoom out. Often things don't "disappear" but land far outside of your project area.

2. Which part are you trying to move where?

3. Bone offset works better the farther the parts are apart. As a rule, I place stuff at least outside the project view when creating. (But not too far away - more than 2x the project area is overkill.)

4. Check the origin of the vector layers. Sometimes you'll get weird results because the origin is too far away from the content.
Conner_36

Post by Conner_36 »

Thanks for the advice, I got too frustrated and started the project over again. I was only at the import art phase so not too much time was lost.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Often to start over is the best option! (I do it quite often ...)