2D in Blender 2.6

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

GiuseppeA

2D in Blender 2.6

Post by GiuseppeA »

I am a user of blener, I love this great tool, I wanted to share with you this tutorial found on blendernation

http://bit.ly/y0POPo

blender and anime studio.. great combo
Shanty Baba

Post by Shanty Baba »

Thanks for the link. Blender looks great...it's just the learning curve of learning another software. But you have given me some food for thought.
cheers,
Shanty
GiuseppeA

Post by GiuseppeA »

a great solution would be to create animations in 2D Anime Studio, export the animation as png images with alpha channel, and use the sequence of images as a png animated textures on a 2D plane, immersed in a 3D environment and render the animation , merge 2D and 3D
JaMike

Post by JaMike »

I'm confused - is the clip done using Blender and Anime Studio? Or is it just Blender?
GiuseppeA

Post by GiuseppeA »

Hi JaMike, the clip done using only Blender :D
Shanty Baba

Post by Shanty Baba »

GiuseppeA,
With your knowledge of Blender, it is possible to take it one step further
GiuseppeA wrote:a great solution would be to create animations in 2D Anime Studio, export the animation as png images with alpha channel, and use the sequence of images as a png animated textures on a 2D plane, immersed in a 3D environment and render the animation , merge 2D and 3D
and instead of having the "png images with alpha channel, and use the sequence of images as a png animated textures on a 2D plane", to attach them as animated textures to a 3D plane.

What I want to create are actual 3D "paper cut-out" characters, ie what you suggested but attached to a 3D plane that has the appearance of the image being mounted on say 1mm card, (Toy/Paper Theatre style).
Cheers,
Shanty
GiuseppeA

Post by GiuseppeA »

@kkrawal :wink:
@Shanty Baba... you mean something like, it is an old work done with sketchup and blender rendered in Kerkythea....like this!!

my Thread in "blenderartists.org" http://bit.ly/xyHNNi

---------------------

Like this Cardboard puppet made in blender e gimp

the texture
Shanty Baba

Post by Shanty Baba »

GiuseppeA,
That was exactly the look I was trying to describe. So my question is again, could 2D animation out of Anime Studio rendered as PNG's be attached as animated texture to a 3D layer in Blender (in your case the corrugated cardboard).

Or is that something that is best done all in Blender, as the tutorial in the original post was describing.

Cheers,
Shanty
GiuseppeA

Post by GiuseppeA »

hi Shanty Baba, by thickness to give the puppet, I think it's more convenient to use a single texture .... animated textures on a plane can be used, but it would be a problem to make it coincide with the thickness and animated textures
or you could use an animated texture only for the face with a simple blink of an eye ... animated textures which do not disturb the perimeter because of the thickness of the puppet 3d

Shanty Baba

Post by Shanty Baba »

GiuseppeA,
Thanks again for the reply, and the great screenshots. I very much like what you have shown me, and think it is time to download Blender and come to grips with it.
The only trouble is I will be breaking one of my New Year's Resolutions...don't learn any new software!!!
Cheers,
Shanty
GiuseppeA

Post by GiuseppeA »

If you need help question, I share what I know .... If the moderators are agree we could post here any questions about evolution of the subject and blender
Blender is not as difficult as the paint ... is a program like everyone else and need a normal learning curve like any new software
Shanty Baba

Post by Shanty Baba »

GiuseppeA,
Thanks for the offer of help.
I have downloaded Blender and I will let you know how I get on with the 2D/3D mix. Although it will not be for a few months.
Cheers,
Shanty
GiuseppeA

Post by GiuseppeA »

Shanty Baba wrote: I have downloaded Blender
LetGo

Post by LetGo »

If it is done only by Blender I have started to respect the product!
Read article about gsm repeater. I recommend
what is a Mobile phone signal booster.