Looking for Anime animators. Miyazaki style full length.

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

3dmelody

Looking for Anime animators. Miyazaki style full length.

Post by 3dmelody »

Hello animators,

I'm looking for a talented, or many talented artists to help me with an idea.
I'm looking for a more Miyazaki aesthetic, and preferably looking for someone or someones who are interested or familiar with musicals, Sondheim in particular.

It's an adaptation of a musical that is already written, so the script and story are already done. I'm hoping you can help me story board and animate, while I record all the ADR and music, so I can pitch and get the rights for this project. Ultimately I'd like to get a kickstarter going so I can pay for the rights, as well as all the animators, voice actors and musicians.

I'm not sure if I can pay for the story boarding, but I'm hoping to find people who would have an interest in taking this seriously so we can get paid for all the hard work.

I know it's a long shot but i think it could be a lot of fun.
Thanks!
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

So you say you want to do a full length feature film, with top level artwork and animation, to a music for which you don't have any rights cleared, and you don't even have a storyboard or any other part done by yourself yet, and you ask for people to help you out without payment?

Get real. Attend some film academy or any other place where you learn the real thing. Or just buy one of those director's chairs and continue to pretend.

(Sorry for being so harsh, but this is just too much.)
Rhoel

Re: Looking for Anime animators. Miyazaki style full length.

Post by Rhoel »

3dmelody wrote: I'd like to get a kickstarter going so I can pay for the rights, as well as all the animators, voice actors and musicians.
Before you do anything in IPR, you must clear the rights - often they have already been assigned to a company for development. In that situation, you will not gain any rights option: You would have wasted many people's time.

Do the ground work, find out if the rights are available first, then ask for assistance.

Rhoel.
jwlane

Rights

Post by jwlane »

From direct personal experience: if you need rights held by a European concern, you may be able to negotiate this affordably yourself. If you need U.S. rights, no label or publisher will pay any attention to you alone. You will have to hire an attorney. Budget at least $2000 for the attorney if he/she is honest. The rights will be in addition to this amount.
3dmelody

Post by 3dmelody »

slowtiger wrote:So you say you want to do a full length feature film, with top level artwork and animation, to a music for which you don't have any rights cleared, and you don't even have a storyboard or any other part done by yourself yet, and you ask for people to help you out without payment?

Get real. Attend some film academy or any other place where you learn the real thing. Or just buy one of those director's chairs and continue to pretend.

(Sorry for being so harsh, but this is just too much.)

Thanks for the reality check, but I did go to film school. All I need are animators. I never said it would be a feature. I thought I'd show Sondheim a story board for a couple scenes first.
I'm not looking to waste anybody's time, just thought it would be fun if anyone was interested. Which you are clearly not, so why reply? Honestly I can't really get started without an animator on my side who either wants to do this for fun or wants to help turn this into something bigger.
3dmelody

Re: Rights

Post by 3dmelody »

jwlane wrote:From direct personal experience: if you need rights held by a European concern, you may be able to negotiate this affordably yourself. If you need U.S. rights, no label or publisher will pay any attention to you alone. You will have to hire an attorney. Budget at least $2000 for the attorney if he/she is honest. The rights will be in addition to this amount.
Thanks a bunch :)
3dmelody

Re: Looking for Anime animators. Miyazaki style full length.

Post by 3dmelody »

Rhoel wrote:
3dmelody wrote: I'd like to get a kickstarter going so I can pay for the rights, as well as all the animators, voice actors and musicians.
Before you do anything in IPR, you must clear the rights - often they have already been assigned to a company for development. In that situation, you will not gain any rights option: You would have wasted many people's time.

Do the ground work, find out if the rights are available first, then ask for assistance.

Rhoel.
Thanks, my first line of thinking was that I should find an animator but I will now just try and clear the rights. Thanks a bunch :)
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

3dmelody wrote:I never said it would be a feature.
Well, there are the words "full length" in the title of this thread.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

I have the same dream as you 3dmelody. Sitting behind me is 8.8 ounces of gold and 5 ounces of Platinum coins. (right now 22000 dollars; was almost 30k last week) And I would cash them in if it would make a Miyazaki quality 80 minute feature. BUT it not going to happen at that price. I need about 10x that much or 220K. (and that's cutting corners as much as possible)

Dale
Red_Fla

Post by Red_Fla »

I would like to help just PM Me and i can start or what not
SvenFoster

Post by SvenFoster »

slowtiger wrote:Or just buy one of those director's chairs and continue to pretend.
I love you slowtiger please dont ever change...you're silly.. I like it.
--Sven
What *if* the Hokey cokey *is* what its all about?
kamalsingh

Post by kamalsingh »

I don't mind helpin bit out just PM me and we will talk about it in detail.. I just graduate in animation and its been 7 month still no luck finding job.. its better doin somthin then doin nothin...
ZeroSnake

Post by ZeroSnake »

I'm an 2-D anime artist check out my stuff http://www.youtube.com/zerosnakeproductions. I'm not greedy for money, I just like a good project. But your asking some heavy duty work. There's gonna have to be some heavy compensation here or there.
I've been animating for years want to see my work? Need something done? Hit me up!