Morph bug

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

wagmun

Morph bug

Post by wagmun »

I found this funny behavior with ASP. I was using ASP 7 and thought it might be some prob with my operational system which was newer (Max OS Lion).
I then downloaded ASP 8 trial and found the prob still continues.
I created a group layer, under which I have three vector layers: face, right ear and left ear.
It all starts with the mainline only. Then, in action view, I create two actions: front and left.
I double click front action and adjust points.
I then double click left action and adjust points.
I go to first frame, open blend morph dial and set full front view. Correct.
I go to frame 30 and adjust full left view. Correct.
Till here, everything fine.
I then go to frame 60 and set full front view again... and that's when I have problems. The shapes don't come back to what should be expectied for the front view. I get deformed shapes.
I've tried with several shapes and views and the problem repeats. If I add a right view, left and right work correctly. But everytime I come back to front view, it's drawn wrong.
Am I missing something here?
Tks a lot for your help.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

Please post file. Remove layers that are not affected if you don't want to share you unfinished work.

Dale
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Here is a morph test I made a while back with 8, does not happen to me, but if it happens to you with this file then the problem is probably on your side!

http://www.mediafire.com/?283ubcjdx0usise
wagmun

Morphing bug

Post by wagmun »

Thank you for your reply.
I tested GCharb's "head blendmorph" and it works OK. I noticed that problem is creating the morphs.
I'm posting a simple test file showing the problem
Frame one is frotn view. Normal.
Frame 30 should look left. OK.
Frame 60 should come back to front. Should look like frame one, but it doesn't. It's deformed.
Frame 90 should look left. OK.
Whenever I set front view from then on, it will be deformed.
I also found that wherever I place front view (action), it will be OK. But only if it's first time. If I have used left or right view before, front view will now always be deformed.
Thanks in advance.
wagmun

orphing bug

Post by wagmun »

Sorry.
Forgot link to file.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/644026/Test%20morph.anme

Tks
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

It's not a bug. Blend morph works only in the points which have keyframes. Several points in your actions have no keyframes, so they actually are not being moved in time.
Go to each action and in frame one add keyframes for all the points.

PD: Each point has its independent keys. In timeline, red line show you only the keys of your selected points, gray line show you all the keys of all the points.
If you wanna hold a position for all the points, you must make right click on the gray line and select "add keyframe" that will add a keyframe for all the points on the layer. If you make that on the red line, it will add keyframes only for the selected points.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
wagmun

Morphing bug

Post by wagmun »

Tks Selgin
Looks like morphing is more complicated than "help' teaches us.
I really don't know about keyframing every point. To me, it was just creating the actions, and move the necessary points.
I tried right clicking the grey lines for each layer and each action on frame one but nothing changed.
I really dind'nt exepct to be necessary to go to timeline for every action and create a key for each point.
I think I'm missing something in morphing technique, To me, I should create an action, double click it, and move necessary points. That's all.
I'm sending another file with the same problem.
Tks for your help.

Here's the link to the new file.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/644026/Test%20morph2.anme
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

It has to be more than how the entire software works than only with blend morph.
Anyway, I hope now you can solve this kind of problems.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

There seems to be a problem with the layer ordering. I don't think it works well with blend morphs.
wagmun

Morph bug

Post by wagmun »

I tried jonbo's idea regarding layer order.
It worked with one file. I cancelled layer order and kept the mrophing animation. It worked! I could go back and forth with front and left views.
That means here is really a problem with layer order animation together with blend morphing.
But I then tried the second file (test morph 2) but here, canceling layer order didnt solve the problem.
Still no answer.
It's a project with more than 50 scenes. I'm working on 37, and I used belnding morphing several times before. And I never thought about keyframing to do it, but after Selgin's point, it's something to consider.
But I don't know how.
Thanks for any help..
wagmun

Morph bug

Post by wagmun »

GCharb wrote:Here is a morph test I made a while back with 8, does not happen to me, but if it happens to you with this file then the problem is probably on your side!

http://www.mediafire.com/?283ubcjdx0usise

Nice work, GCharb.
Tks.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Thanks.

Blendmorph is fun stuff!