11 second club...2d the new black?

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

SvenFoster

11 second club...2d the new black?

Post by SvenFoster »

http://www.11secondclub.com/

I've always voted on the competitions over there and never entered. normally they tend to be dominated by 3d pixar wannabies(which is fine).

anyone ever enter?

I've noticed lately that I've started voting differently.. I used to give high votes to the glossy 3d jobbies that had rendered pretty scenes etc.

Of late I've started to focus on different things and also noticed that there is definitely more 2d stuff making its way into to votes.. There has always been a lot of traditional pencil 2d guys n gals but I've started to notice more vector based.

Now I've been defaulting to "so-so" and adjusting for the following;
* interpretation of the clip.. last months was an action/kung foo type clip(normally dialog)... after 100 characters doing kung foo you notice when someone has done something different.. like a chef chopping vegetables etc.
* style.. if it looks different I watch it.. I know its supposed to be based on the animation but I don't think you can separate the two.
* tempo/timing.. really started to notice slow or badly paced things..
* interesting use of cameras.

I have started to really favour good 2d there. versus most of the 3d they seem to be more dynamic, interesting and better timing.. a generalisation I know but its my perspective...
Maybe I'm learning something lol.

Oh and I really liked this one...
--Sven
What *if* the Hokey cokey *is* what its all about?
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

I agree with your observations Sven.

Seems 2D is getting more and more attentions these days, more 2D productions as well in the States, which is very cool!
SvenFoster

Post by SvenFoster »

Yep it is cool..

managed to get a link to the movie above, not mine honest.. if it was I'd definiately tell you.
I like the 2nd character how they move a little closer on the anticipation and then react...
http://video.11secondclub.com/62/566aQu.mp4

quite like this too but it looks FBF http://video.11secondclub.com/62/0GqXj7.mp4
--Sven
What *if* the Hokey cokey *is* what its all about?
Karl Toon

Re: 11 second club...2d the new black?

Post by Karl Toon »

Get over there and enter. Most of my entries have been made in Crazytalk Animator so far, although I have also entered using iClone and this month's entry is being created in MOHO 13. I'm by no means a good animator, but it is fun entering and trying to beat your previous month's score. Mind you, my highest score was on my 1st ever entry which achieved a mere 4.17 and I haven't been able to get higher since. But, persevere I will. Hopefully, as I get my head around MOHO I will improve. My WIP (work in progress) for this month is on Youtube. This month's competition is really hard as it really requires multiple characters.
Last edited by Karl Toon on Sat May 07, 2022 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." - Walt E. Disney
sang820

Post by sang820 »

:shock: Oops, I just noticed this post---I've been in this competition since March 2022, got a 5.5 in March (seems to be), and was disqualified in April because I added sound effects. I'm doing animation in May---emmmmm love animation, and I hope more people know Moho and know that Moho can make great animations.
Karl Toon

Post by Karl Toon »

I moved away from the 11secondclub for a while as I really wasn't very good. I'm still not actually! I went over to entering in animestudiotutor's competition for a couple of years but that seems to have died a death somewhat, so it'll be back to 11secondclub for me soon and back to my scores of 2 or 3. :oops:
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." - Walt E. Disney