Actions and jumping back to mainline.

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

rylleman

Actions and jumping back to mainline.

Post by rylleman »

I would very much like that when you edit actions that Moho don't jump back to the mainline every time i select another layer.
It's irritating as hell and I can't see the purpose of this behavior.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Moho should only jump back to the mainline if the current action does not exist in the new layer you select. If both layers do have that action, then switching between the layers should not change the active action.
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

Well, I believe it does.
I got actions created from a top level bone layer and then I got switch layers as children of this bone layer. When I'm editing the action and select different ones of these child switch layers I get thrown back to the mainline.
I know I've seen other people mentioning this behavior here at the forum but unfortunately I couldn't find any of those posts now...
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

I did what you said and I get the same jump back to the Mainline wierdness.
I think it happens in the following situation (but test it for yourself):

When in the Mainline if Switch layer 1 is designated as the active/visible layer, and then when one is in an Action and selects a different Switch layer other than Switch layer 1 (the active/visible layer), Moho automatically goes back to the Mainline.