How do I turn off a layer effect?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

3deeguy

How do I turn off a layer effect?

Post by 3deeguy »

I have a line at the base of a sand dune where I used the 'Hide Line' tool. It looks like a default layer effect that I don't know how to disable.
I'm working on a clip where I'm going to add a lot of objects that recede into the distance and that line ruins the effect that I want. The dune enters the scene from the right side.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdHYqP5MtFw
Cheers, Larry
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

the effect is on the entire layer so hiding the line won't hide the effect - the easiest way is probably to add a layer on top of it and patch over it with the sand colour to make it look as though it's not there...
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

Thanks for helping me understand. I'll find a way to disguise it.
Cheers, Larry
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Apparently saving the bitmap file with a 1 pixel feather helps a lot. (Just something I've seen answered on the forum - haven't done it myself).
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

You have saved me a bit of frustration by helping me realize that I couldn't just 'click off' that line. The problem was caused by the 'shadow' vector showing through the 'dune' vector after rendering. The sand dune is a three layer group with the 'shadow' layer at the bottom and a gradient at the top. I moved the offending line to a spot behind the gradient layer which solved the problem.
Cheers, Larry