Anime Studio 8 Already?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

rave

ok

Post by rave »

@Jonbo
thank you, now it works - my mistake was, that I hadn´t manipulate all keyframes on frame 0. Many thanks :-)
echa

Post by echa »

I saw Anime Studio 8 previews on the content paradise youtube channel and I can't wait to try it. Really awesome program. :D
tonyg

Post by tonyg »

I've gone from 5.6 -> 8 and really like it.
Can't quantify it but all seems a little smoother.
crsP

Post by crsP »

neeters_guy wrote: New Forum Rules: "No personal attacks. If you don't like what someone says, there's no reason to question their motives."
You'd be better off directing that to Danimal, who obviously didn't like the disparaging comments made by ponysmasher on wasting time on a character wizard when there are other pressing issues needed to be resolved.

A moron is a category of intelligence based on iq tests, just as referring to someone as a genius. Danimal mistakenly thought I was referring to him and my first action was to point out that wasn't the case. His reply was that he was sure I was, and so I showed him the quotes of ponysmashers post because he obviously has trouble with following threads of conversations. With showing no proof to the contrary, he maintains his paranoid accusations. That's a moron, and I feel totally justified after giving this person two chances to understand a conversation that didn't involve him. This person is just throwing a hissy-fit because others have different opinions on the software. He wants to have his non-opinion, but apparently those discussing the bugs are really just wasting their time with head turns [or something like that, but it's difficult to tell in that barely coherent sentence]. His statement that he hasn't run across any bugs but he is SURE that AS is Riddled with them, just shows how ridiculous and moronic he is being. Attention seeking brat, who feels, without the need to be prompted, to tell everyone that he is selfish, and that his stuff is crude and purposely crap. Ironically, moaning that no one wants to comment on his self-confessed boring animation. Now he's taking the approach of commenting a lot in other people's threads in the hope that they give him the youtube views he so desperately needs to feel validated. He is of course free to do this, but don't for a second think I will not defend myself against false accusations.

You are within your rights to point this post out to Lost Marble, and he can close my account, but this pretend niceness is not what am into. If you want respect, then show some first. It's interesting to me that even a thread created specifically for AS users to voice their reasons for not upgrading gets that same danimal attitude of trying to put down people who are just airing their views on long-requested additions and fixes to bugs. So anyone who has issue with a bug has to walk on egg-shells so as not to offend self-confessed non-tryers because, hey, they are hobbyist. You don't have to try when you're a hobbyist, right? It's crap - That's their style! yawn.

If you are so concerned about forum proceedure, why not direct that link to them? Why post other people's work in the "Share Your Work" section, when there is a specific section for Animation? Mikdog was lambasted for posting his own work in the share your work section, just because he used another app [which the title clearly stated] Did you make a fuss when Parker posted his rape cartoon? haha!

Well, it's not my forum, so you folks can do whatever you want. But don't expect me to lower my standards of self respect. I gave this moron every opportunity to educate himself, but he choose not to. That's not my business. Send a pm to LM, and he can follow through on the thread and see if I really am in the wrong, or just a guy with the patience of Jesus.

Oh, and neeters guy, a reason why I don't pay much into these supposed 'happy customers' [who ironically are the first to upgrade to any new version, as opposed to the ones who have issues with missing features, who are still on version 5 - yea, they must be really happy], is that, it's from people like me where improvements are made. Case in point, a feature request made by me:
viewtopic.php?t=17639&highlight=

From the video demo I saw, it is implemented exactly as I requested. And it's not even mentioned as a new feature.

Conclusion? crsP is awesome. Deal with it.
digitalartguru

Post by digitalartguru »

benecosse wrote:
Diana Kennedy wrote:Well, the quality of the traced image is not very convincing :?
Yes, I played around with it for a bit. Image trace is ok for rougher types of images but I wasn't able to get a level of detail I wanted on this image.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4755105/autotrace.jpg
The image on the far right is the original bitmap(1), the image on the far left is the best result I got with the AS Image Trace (3).
In the middle (2), I got a good result by initially creating the trace in VectorMagic, then importing the results into AS as an .ai (Illustrator file).
Then I used the Draw >Simplify Curve script > 10% to reduce the points.
This trace has more points that the AS trace but I was still able to rig it with a bone layer so I guess for more detailed images this is a possiblity.
I'll give it another go with AS Image trace but I didn't like the joining up of the smaller lines.
Love the new freehand/fill thingee tho.
Hi benecosse,
Nice test. I have done many of them as well and I can't get the AS8 tracing feature to produce good results. Adobe Illustrator's live trace feature works a lot better for me. The trace feature in AS8 needs some more work. A step in the right direction, but not working as well as it could.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

crsP wrote:A whole bunch of stuff about Danimal
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can't write comedy like this. How did I know that when this month-old thread resurfaced it was going to be a million paragraph long post about me? Dragging up a quote from three pages back no less? Hilarious.

Maybe one day someone will read past sentence one. Probably not, I know I sure didn't.

Please continue, this is classic. And flattering.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
~Danimal
ponysmasher

Post by ponysmasher »

Jeez, get a room you two...