Guyer93's video tutorials

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Poptoogi

Guyer93's video tutorials

Post by Poptoogi »

sbtamu suggested I make one thread for all of my tutorials I'm making so here it is! Sorry for posting so many different ones here and there. From now on they'll be right here! :)

ADDING MOVEMENT TO A RIGGED CHARACTER:
This is a tutorial for adding movement to a character that is already rigged with bones. It's less a tutorial and more on how to make key frames for quick movements. This is assuming you already know how to rig a character with bones.

RIGGING AND ANIMATING EYES:
I know!! I'm going nuts with the tuts today! I swear it's the last one today!!! It's because I got a new computer! LOL! Anyway, this is a repost or redo of a tutorial I made last year on one way to make eyes and how I animate them. It's not the best way or the only way, it's just something I do a lot of and thought I'd share. I saw a guy that posted a similar tut that looked SUSPICIOUSLY JUST like mine that I posted a half a year ago.......eehhh hmmm......!! LOL! Which is great but I think he left a few things out so I made this one again! Anyway, enjoy! WEEEE!!!!

LIP SYNCING FRAME BY FRAME:
I think that the first thing any user of anime studio wants to do is make a character talk and sometimes it's a little frustrating getting to that point where your happy with it so I made this video to show you how I lip sync in a pretty fast manner. I know, some of you will say this is too time consuming but this is just my personal preference on how I like my animations to look and for me it's worth it. Plus, once you get into a groove it becomes pretty easy to do and as I say in the youtube description, the less amount mouth positions you have the easier it is to do. SO many letters and sounds can be condensed into just a few mouth shapes, for instance W,R and O can all use the same mouth shape because they are so similar no one can catch it with the naked eye, they all look the same! So, as always hope this tut make sense and helps at least one person!!

SIMULATE CLOTH IN ANIME STUDIO
What's up AS forum!!! One of the very first things I learned how to do when I first used anime studio is how to make realistic cloth. Within a couple of days of using the program I figured this out and I KNEW anime studio was the best program for me to learn and use! I made an example of this a long time ago when I did this but now that I got a new computer I thought I'd start making tutorials with me actually explaining how I do some of the amazing things AS lets me do! Hope you enjoy and hope some of you get some use out of this video!!

ANIMATE IN TEN MINUTES FOR BEGINNERS
This is a two part video for people new to anime studio that want you do a little animation right away. It doesn't cover a whole lot but it just something to get beginners started. This was the first thing I ever tried to do when I used anime studio and I was completely sold on the program after animating a character in just minutes. After using anime studio I quickly lost all interest in making animations in flash.

MAKING A MORPHING MOUTH USING SWITCH LAYERS:
This series of videos were made to show anime studio users how to create a morphing mouth with just one layer for artwork and multiple copies of that artwork to create several poses to be placed in a switch layer and used for lip syncing.

HOW TO MAKE HOVERING OBJECTS:
This video is to show anime studio users how to make objects hover in just a few quick steps. This technique can be used for a variety of objects. UFO's, superhero's elemental effects ect.

HOW TO MAKE ARMS AND LEGS WITH NO MASKING OR PATCHES (FUNKSMANAME TECHNIQUE)
This is a tutorial that was originally done and described by Funksaname on the anime studio forum. It is a technique for users can use to make great looking bending arms and legs without the use of anime studio patches or using masking techniques! Again, this is not my idea, all credit goes to funksmaname!!!!

MAKING A SIMPLE WALK CYCLE WITH PREMADE CHARACTER (THORN)
This is a tutorial was made to show anime studio users how to use the bone scale, bone rotate and camera tools to make a simple walk cycle animation for a forward facing character.

**NEW EDIT**

Here is a revision of the above walk cycle. I used reference points and Selgin's 24 frame walk cycle technique and added to a forward walking character. It looks much, much better! Check it out!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv3ke490wSk

BASIC WALK CYCLE USING AS CHARACTERS (SELGIN & FUNKSMANAME TECHNIQUES)

This is a video tutorial on how to make a simple walk cycle in anime studio with the characters provided. This is a variation of anime studio users Selgin and Funksmaname's techniques. Their techniques are MUCH more finely tuned and work better than this technique but this if for beginners like me that don't know that much about bone locking or the use of scripts yet. I highly recommend watching their videos after getting these basic steps down to enhance your walk cycles!

Here is Selgin's tutorial on making perfectly synced walk cycle using a walk ruler he made. It's awesome!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54411/AS8/Walk% ... tation.mov

And here is a link to Funksmaname's variation of Selgin's walk cycle using bone locking for the feet!

USING MASKS TO MAKE OBJECTS PASS THROUGH ONE ANOTHER

This is a quick tutorial on how to mask works to pass through an object. Masking has always been a little tricky to me in anime studio but with a little bit of messing around I found out how to do this and it looks pretty decent.

USING CURVE PROFILES TO CREATE CONTINUOUS MOTION.

A little technique on making continuous movement around vector objects using the curve profile option. To learn more about curve profiles, check out funksmaname's tutorial here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chh9rzqd1Ok

MAKING AND USING PHOTOSHOP ASSETS IN ANIME STUDIO.

This is a two part tutorial on making assets in photoshop and using them in anime studio. It's not a real comprehensive tutorial on the subject but it give you a general idea on what you can do using photoshop and layer effects. I'd say it might be useful for anyone who wants to you gradient transparencies or effects that can't be replicated easily in AS.

part one

part two

MAKING A REALISTIC SPOTLIGHT TO OVERLAY ON ANIMATIONS:

this video is to show anime studio users how to make a realistic spotlight on your animations by using a simple layer effect and blending mode.

HOW TO MAKE LIGHTNING!

Making lightning with a few quick steps. Using noise and a mask.

MAKING A SMALL FLAME QUICKLY USING NOISE:

Keeping in line with my current obsession of making special effects in anime studio, I tried to come up with a way to create a somewhat realistic flame that you might see on a candle or maybe a lighter. I just thought of it and made this video right after so it's really not a refined technique but as with all of the videos I've made it probably could be made better but will help some that are just starting out. It uses one layer, a little bit of soft edging and the noise effect on one keyframe. Enjoy!

MAKING A FLAMETHROWER OR TOURCH EFFECT:

This tutorial is for anyone who wants to know how to create a flame effect using particles and blending modes. I'm still experimenting with particles quite a bit but I'm know that the power of particle effects has barely been tapped by the AS community but MAN!!! It's freaking awesome! I hope to make a better tutorial of this and make a series of videos on different ways to make fire, but for now this looks pretty decent so far. To use particles I believe you must have AS Pro so if you don't have it, get it! It's worth every penny! Enough rambling!

CREATE PARALLAX SIDE SCROLLING WITH TWO LAYERS AND WITHOUT THE USE OF 3D DEPTH LAYERS.

Hey guys!!! Been a while since I made a tutorial so I thought I better make a new post so you might actually see it! It's a tutorial on making parallax side scrolling with just two layers. I was really excited when I found out how to do this because it's really simple and with a little tweaking, you can do some really cool stuff!! You can create depth without the use of multiple artwork layers or using any extra tools! So check it out if you're making a cartoon and want to make the backgrounds move in a (somewhat) realistic way and let me know what you think! :)

guyver93

Last edited by Poptoogi on Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:12 am, edited 20 times in total.
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty! Pause, consider, do! I dare you!
Poptoogi

ANIMATE IN TEN MINUTES FOR BEGINNERS

Post by Poptoogi »

This is a two part video for people new to anime studio that want you do a little animation right away. It doesn't cover a whole lot but it just something to get beginners started. This was the first thing I ever tried to do when I used anime studio and I was completely sold on the program after animating a character in just minutes. After using anime studio I quickly lost all interest in making animations in flash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BJC1aGqE1g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzjqoJcpSIc
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty! Pause, consider, do! I dare you!
Fulkster

Post by Fulkster »

(this newb is subscribed, and getting a lot of use of your tutorials!)

Much appreciated!
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Another idea would be to just keep editing the original post with new tutorials. Keep them all there and keep titling them like you are doing. That way everyone knows that all of them will be in one spot for quick references and so they won't get lost between replies.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
Poptoogi

Thanks for the advice sbtamu!!!!!

Post by Poptoogi »

Thanks for the tips on making one thread and to just keep re editing the main one! I know this sounds stupid but I've only been a regular on one other forum and didn't know how they work. Honestly, I didn't even know I could edit my posts!!! LOL! I know, crazy right?! This format is way better and more organized as well! Again, thanks I love the AS forum community! Always quick to help each other out!!!! :D
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

Thanks for sharing with us guyver :)
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

Nice work. I subscribed to your YT channel a few months back. I always thought your 'Megan Fox' lip sync was exceptional. In fact, I'll be referring to your 'cloth' tutorial for my current project.
Cheers, Larry
Poptoogi

PART TWO

Post by Poptoogi »

So I'm just going to make a new reply to my thread because every time I edit the main one it seems to get slower and slower when I try to update so I'm just starting a new one until it gets pretty full up! Anyway here are some new tips and tricks!

CUTTING OUT PHOTOS FOR USE IN ANIME STUDIO

Uploaded by ShoNuff93 on Sep 10, 2011
This is a tutorial on how to cutout photos that you import to anime studio. This technique uses masking and creates very sharp edges because the mask itself is a vector output!

MAKING DOMINOES USING PHYSICS AND BREAK APART SCRIPT IN AS8

This is a tutorial on how to use the new scripting feature in anime studio pro 8. It allows you to separate multiple shapes that are created on one layer and distributes them to there own individual layer. This is really useful when you want to create an animation using physics or to break apart a character that you want animate there body parts individually.

SOME FUN STUFF WITH PHYSICS!

This is a tutorial on using physics in anime studio. It's in reference to to the dominoes tutorial I created earlier so view that for more info. This video was made to just show some of the features of the physics engine that's built into anime studio and inspire people to play with it more and come up with new ways of animating things.
Last edited by Poptoogi on Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
arfa

Re: Guyer93's video tutorials

Post by arfa »

There is a great range of material on offer here. A generous gift of your time. Thank you.

I was pleased to find the physics tutes as this is new to me (adv. from ver.6) and there doesn't seem to be much detail.
Telemacus

Post by Telemacus »

Just wanted to add a simple note of thanks.
Guyer93: I found your tutorials really helpful and instructional.

Thanks a lot for all that work!
Paulinho

Post by Paulinho »

Never too late to say "thank you". :)
Pinesal

Post by Pinesal »

Are these tutorials still relevant to the new versions of ASP?
Hartknocks

Post by Hartknocks »

When following the eye tutorials I noticed something different when you move the bone rigs. In your video you can transform them and move them around, in the new version you have to hold alt(option on mac) or else they only tilt from side to side. I've never used the older versions so I can't say if that used to be like that or you had a setting set to that, but I thought I would share this because it had me confused for a while.
Last edited by Hartknocks on Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hartknocks

Post by Hartknocks »

Pinesal wrote:Are these tutorials still relevant to the new versions of ASP?
So far I've made it to the eye ones, and it's still relevant, a bit different but I made a comment below yours on a difference I picked up on the eyes.. I'll post more as I go through them if I find some more.