My Nudge Keys Toolset... Finally!!!!

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Rudiger! Hi. I'm working in several videos which uses a lot of Stroke exposure (like de video I posted here). Right now I have to make a lot of time corrections in several videos, so nudge keys tools works fantastically and this work would be a nightmare without it.
Sadly, I noticed that even your newest version of tool doesn't take in count the stroke exposure keys.
Is there any chance to have that working?
I don't want to sound abusive or opportunist (I don't know which would be the exact word in english), but right now I'm really desperate.

Thank you very much.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

I think the word you're looking for is 'pushy' :)
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

funksmaname wrote:I think the word you're looking for is 'pushy' :)
Or perhaps in this case, the right word would be 'nudgy' :D.

Seriously, though, now that Mike has released the scripting interface, it should be possible. Actually, with AS8 it should be possible to use the new functions for iterating through every animation channel. I'll try and get to it on the weekend.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Rudiger wrote:Or perhaps in this case, the right word would be 'nudgy' :D.
Seriously, though, now that Mike has released the scripting interface, it should be possible. Actually, with AS8 it should be possible to use the new functions for iterating through every animation channel. I'll try and get to it on the weekend.
hehehe, thank you very very much, Rudiger!
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

OK, I've added the extra channels to the script. It took me a bit longer to get to it than I hoped. I hope you haven't finished the job already and you will still find it useful :).

The updated link is on the original post of this thread.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Rudiger wrote:OK, I've added the extra channels to the script. It took me a bit longer to get to it than I hoped. I hope you haven't finished the job already and you will still find it useful :).

The updated link is on the original post of this thread.
:D
Downloading. Thank you very much!

-The incredibly pushy Selgin
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

It works great!
Thank you very very much!!
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

Hey Rudiger,

This is my fave script I've seen posted and I think I've only scratched the surface of what it can do. Has there been any more in-depth documentation posted to go along with it?

My main problem is that the "Mouse hover over the Icon for a tool description" feature has never worked in AS for me for some reason. (I'm still on AS 7.1)

The 6 nudge keys themselves a self explanatory. I'm not sure what the Consolidate button is for, and I'm assuming the buttons to the right of the "count" box will let me fine tune exactly which keys I want to adjust but at this point I'm just kind of guessing at it.

Thanks again and again. This tool has already saved me tons of time.

-adam
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Hey drumlug,

Glad you like the script! Sorry, there's no real documentation. Sounds like you've worked out most of it anyway. The Consolidate button generates or updates a special layer called a Consolidation layer, at the same level as the current layer. It contains a single channel with the same keys as all layers it is next to, so you can easily see where all of the keys are on the layers when you are nudging them. Try it and see.

Yeah, the icons are mainly for restricting which channels you want to nudge, including selected objects.

The overwrite mode just erases keys instead of nudging them. There's also an icon that looks like a cursor that only nudges the keys on the current frame.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

Absolutely... Thanks again
capricorn33

Post by capricorn33 »

Hi Rudiger.

Your nudge scriptset is THE set that absolutely NO-ONE who is using AS seriously can live without. I have been using the old version (the separate key buttons v 0.1) since you first released it a couple of years back.

The thing that I really miss with the new key tool is that I always have to select the tool (press the "key tool" button) before I can use the nudge functions... in the old separate key buttons v. 0.1 you could keep another tool activated, say for example translate tool, while circling back and forth between keyframes just by pressing two buttons on the keyboard. Which is an enormous time saver in my workflow!

Am I missing something... or isn't that important feature supported anymore with the new tool...?

I hope it's lurking somewhere under the hood just waiting for someone to point me to it... :-)

cheers!
capricorn ( - just call me "cap")
children's tv pro, character animator
capricorn33

Post by capricorn33 »

Hahaaa...... I found them, the separate scripts were right there, in the "animation" folder!

Easy fix to copy them into the "tool" folder, fix a shortcut button and use the old png files from v 0.1....
I got my "next and previous keyframe" shortcuts working again! :-)

cheers!
capricorn ( - just call me "cap")
children's tv pro, character animator
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Hey Cap, glad you like the script!

What you suggest will probably work, but you could also just leave them there and install the optional button tools that are available on the front page (rt_nudge_keys_buttons_v0.1.zip). These are just pointers to the menu scripts, so if I ever release a new version of the menu scripts you will still get the benefits even if using them via the buttons.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

I don't know if i'm still being a dunce or it's not working as advertised over here - but whenever I try to use nudgekeys i
a) save my file
b) press something that totally f***s up my animation
c) reload the file
d) do it manually

I wonder if someone could do a quick video (cap?) on how you use this thing - i really feel like i'm missing out! :P
tatrik

Re: My Nudge Keys Toolset... Finally!!!!

Post by tatrik »

Hi Rudiger. Could you please update this essential tool for the 9th version?