Anime Studio 8 Already?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ponysmasher

Post by ponysmasher »

madriver wrote:... makes it inadequate for boning...
Nothing is...
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

:lol: :lol: :lol: GOOD ONE!
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

crsP wrote:if you wanted to discuss with me
Which I don't. Never have. Keep writing sentence after sentence to me though, they're very entertaining, though you should probably take care in hurling the attempts at personal attacks. I think that's against board rules.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
madriver wrote:Seems like the Character Builder is used for developing concepts, as it says in the youtube video description.

Have yet to see a custom designed character created from scratch.
One of the videos posted here shows that although the characters are created from a generic array of parts, the parts can be swapped out with original artwork once created but they retain all of the built in actions. Pretty cool stuff!
~Danimal
hothead

Post by hothead »

Character Wizard..... ohhhhh sh@t am i seeing right Character Wizard no Ffffing way
ponysmasher

Post by ponysmasher »

Great that we'll be able to disable multicore rendering. I didn't have high hopes to see that feature.
madriver

Post by madriver »

ponysmasher wrote:
madriver wrote:... makes it inadequate for boning...
Nothing is...
Depends on experience with the bone tool :roll:
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

you're a moron....you clearly lack the mental capacity....you were behaving like a douche....such obnoxious asses, such as yourself....
New Forum Rules: "No personal attacks. If you don't like what someone says, there's no reason to question their motives."
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

I happen to think the new Character Wizard is pure genius! I've always found the biggest problem with prefabbed 2D characters is that they are too recognisable between different projects, but if they're customisable there's a better chance of making it look more unique.

I also think Danimal nailed it when he noted that you can sub out the standard character parts with your own custom ones. That makes it like a skeleton generator for your own characters, pretty much like a 2D version of 3DS Max's Character Studio plugin! It should really make it quick to rig a new character. I think that's how I'll be using it.

Having a standard skeleton will also allow users to build up libraries of reusable actions and exchange them with each other.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Having being "bit in the rear" from the bugs in AS7 release I am kinda scared to buy AS8, but y'all know I will buy it on the release date. :-)

But this time I will make sure I make copies of all files I import into AS8 so If need be I will still have my version 7s as back ups.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
madrobot

Post by madrobot »

hothead wrote:Character Wizard..... ohhhhh sh@t am i seeing right Character Wizard no Ffffing way
While my good friend hothead shows some insight and shares (with some eloquence if I may say) an opinion which some may share that (I will paraphrase hothead here) the character wizard 'looks like it might be a bit gimmicky and not up to the rigours of use as a production tool', I think to be fair we should consider that the example art in the character wizard demos is pretty average. I think also that it's worth considering that the CW tool might have other implementations than the specific one shown in the videos. I am told that actions can access it - perhaps if the range of 'camera angle' on the rotation of view of the character was for example tighter in range, maybe using CW and a joystick slider we could have some nifty controls over 3d character head turn, body turn or camera movement around a 2.5 character. I think it remains to be seen. I also think that citing further scripting access being opened up as a release feature is promising news.
Poopee

Post by Poopee »

Hello all!

Damn, been away for some time and they come out with a new version, serves me well! :)

I look forward to the enhanced scripting tools, hoping they opened up more of the software to scripting.

Also looking forward to the other new tools as well.

Too bad they have not fixed the rendering bug with multi-core and embedded scripts, ponymaster, where did you see that 8 allows turning off the multi-core function?

I see that the level of some discussions has not improved on the forum, oh well, at least it was entertaining to a point! ;)

Poop
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Hey poopee, SM had a webinar on some of the new features friday that looked really great. During the Q&A, I asked about the multi-core option. I couldn't hear all of his answer, but MIKE said this would be possible. :D
Tori

Anime Studio 8 Available

Post by Tori »

Psst - if you wanted to sneak in and buy it tonight ahead of the official launch, I thought I'd tip you guys and gals off - you can get discounted upgrade options from inside each of the Debut and Pro products: http://www.contentparadise.com/SearchIm ... 8&sgid=647

After the 5 days of sale pricing, upgrades will go up to $129.99 for Pro and $19.99 for Debut. ($199.99 for full versions of Pro and $49.99 for full Debut versions after the sale.)

I'll also have the webinar from Friday posted on YouTube in the morning, they were processing it today.

Hope you enjoy the new features - we're excited about this one!
Tori - Smith Micro
Patmals

Re: Anime Studio 8 Available

Post by Patmals »

Tori wrote:Psst - if you wanted to sneak in and buy it tonight ahead of the official launch, I thought I'd tip you guys and gals off - you can get discounted upgrade options from inside each of the Debut and Pro products: http://www.contentparadise.com/SearchIm ... 8&sgid=647

After the 5 days of sale pricing, upgrades will go up to $129.99 for Pro and $19.99 for Debut. ($199.99 for full versions of Pro and $49.99 for full Debut versions after the sale.)

I'll also have the webinar from Friday posted on YouTube in the morning, they were processing it today.

Hope you enjoy the new features - we're excited about this one!
Tori - Smith Micro
Great! ordered and downloaded! Thanks Tori !
vidi

Post by vidi »

OK I have updated but the serial number dosn't work. Any idea ? :(