Mulitiple File Import

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

7feet wrote:Sorry to LM and all the ships at sea.
No problem - I can totally understand running out of free time. Looking forward to gathering up the "finished" script files.
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

I mentioned this to LM and sent him a PM but the PM message system is slooowww sometimes -still sitting in the Outbox and so I'll make a quick mention. LM can put in the news forum if he feels appropriate.

I put up a script I found on the net called Olate for users to upload their own personally created Moho resources...

http://moho.stormvisions.com/

Feel free to post the various versions of the scripts in progress as you work on them, others can comment on it and offer suggestions. As the stuff is perfected and you give the thumbs up then LM can copy it to the official site. The script has a RSS feature as well so maybe an active list of the scripts can be viewed right here on the forum.

There's a blurb on the site so you can read more about it. I have no interest in the scripts, brushes, samples etc other than providing a place to make it more accesible to the community.
[url=http://burtabreu.animationblogspot.com:2gityfdw]My AnimationBlogSpot[/url:2gityfdw]
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

7Feet and other script writers -I think the scripts forum is a great place to announce/present new scripts and for script writers to bounce ideas off each other. And for people like me to put in their 2cents on other features or problems they are having with the script. A test laboratory.
I have seen many times how you have seen a script from someone and then added your own special touch to it.
I think that collaboration between scripters is great. Bouncing ideas and code back and forth to each other. It can only make scripts better.

But having said that, perhaps all those entries should be labeled works in progress (or something) and when the final script is ready there should be an entry with a link to the "Official Moho Scripts" page where the finished script is located and in the suggested format of
Such as:
-Name of Script:
-What it does (short description):
-Where one should put it in Moho (which script folder):
-Where I will find it in Moho when I start Moho up:
-How to use it:
-And a sample animation or screen shots of it being used.
Plus a link to download the script.
Plus the name of the person(s) that created it (so they get credit) and a contact email perhaps?

And, maybe the scripts should have a date they were made and a version number (for example I added a number: "js_image_sequence10.lua") and any updates of the scripts should have a new date and version number.
Just a suggestion. Anything that helps clear the fog of scripts will be a help for anyone.

Keep up the good scripting work!
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

Just an idea, but maybe when the scripts are first presented in the Script forum for users to test and add their comments, the script could have a "beta" in their name (such as sf_image_sequencebeta.lua) so people would know this is not necessarily the final version.
And then once the final version is made it would have a version number in it (such as sf_image_sequence01.lua) and moved over to the final, finished Moho scripts library.

I am sure you can come up with a better idea to let people know what is a working idea script and what is the final. Just so that is standardized so that everyone could use the same lingo.
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

bupaje wrote:I put up a script I found on the net called Olate for users to upload their own personally created Moho resources...

http://moho.stormvisions.com/
Great initiative! Kudos!
Even if LM adds it to the news-section you should start a new thread somewhere announcing that place, it's pretty easy to miss it here mentioned on the 2nd page of a thread or in the news section (I just visited the news for the first time now since you mentioned it existed).
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Ok, will do.
[url=http://burtabreu.animationblogspot.com:2gityfdw]My AnimationBlogSpot[/url:2gityfdw]
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

7feet wrote:As with Jorgy's Slideshow script, I think I'll throw some auto scaling of images in there (if you want to use it) since the new update allows you to find the size of an image.
Yeah, I was going to try and get that functionality in there this weekend, so I could post my script and make it "official". Thanks LM for the sizing functions you added for 5.2, making this possible.

jorgy