Clean energies video

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Clean energies video

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Hi, last week I was working on a serie of nine videos for the government about the different types of energies and their pro and cons.

Edit:
I participated animating solar and "de los mares" (of the sea) energy. Plus tweaking and coloring the final part of all videos
(seems to be it's not working now, I'll post the link once it get fixed)
Drawing were made by a semi-famous chilean illustrator.

Last edited by Víctor Paredes on Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
cheyne

Post by cheyne »

Very nice! I guess you did this all in AS? How long approximately did it take you to complete? Wish I could understand the dialogue so I could get the full story 8)
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Hi, thanks. Yes, it's all made in AS. The illustrator drew directly in AS, so that facilitated a lot the animation. Anyway, many of the illustrations had too many points, so I had to clean them and prepair all to be animated.
It took three days to complete the whole animation, but the final 20 seconds were already done when I took the work, because the all nine videos had the same end.
Later, I worked one day improving some details in the end, so this final version has my hand in that 20 seconds too.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

I'd say that you are a better animator than the other man is an illustrator. ;-)
Aside of that, very good work, simple, smooth and clear, just like this sort of video should be!
benecosse

Post by benecosse »

V nice animation
I have a few questions about your work process if you have time to answer them.
In the opening scene where the sign opens up - it looks like frame by frame - how did you achieve this in AS? With switch layers?
Did you use the AS camera to do all the moves / comping? It look very smooth - is it all one timeline?
And when the lines seem to grow on screen like when the globe is revealed at 52sec - what technique was applied there?
Last edited by benecosse on Thu May 05, 2016 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wena Parry

Post by Wena Parry »

Hi selgin I am back in time to see your wonderful work, very clean, simple and effective. Marvelous

Wena
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

...Jasp! Solar energy + AS, my two weakness together at last! :D (I had to comment) Of course... by selgin :)

Incredibly effective work, BTW. More taking into account the short amount of invested time... Me instead (supposing I be cap-able to do it), would have needed 3 months at least :x

My congrats then,
Ramón López.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Thank you all for your comments.
Wena wrote:Hi selgin I am back in time to see your wonderful work, very clean, simple and effective. Marvelous
Thank you very much, Wena. I'm glad you be back on the forum. Sorry for not having been able to help you with your original username.
Diana Kennedy wrote:I'd say that you are a better animator than the other man is an illustrator. ;-)
Aside of that, very good work, simple, smooth and clear, just like this sort of video should be!
Thanks, Dianna. Anyway, just to defend the illustrator (I'm not her fan, but she is a very nice person), the bosses asked her to draw in this infantile style. I know that probably won't change your opinion, but it's better to clarify it.
benecosse wrote: In the opening scene where the sign opens up - it looks like frame by frame - how did you achieve this in AS? With switch layers?
Sorry, I forgot to explain that part. All the videos had the same sign opening, so it was already animated when I started. It's a mov file and, if I remember well, was made in frame by frame in flash. I created a mask to reveal the word inside it.
benecosse wrote:Did you use the AS camera to do all the moves / comping? It look very smooth - is it all one timeline?
I used camera movements on most cases. In some movements I used layer translation. Each "scene" is inside a group layer, so it wasn't hard to play with all them.
I used mostly linear keyframes for the movements. When I needed a special smoothness, I edited the movement on the motion graph.
benecosse wrote:And when the lines seem to grow on screen like when the globe is revealed at 52sec - what technique was applied there?
It's a trick which involves many techniques, as point movement, animated line width and stroke exposure.
The house and the antenna start disappearing by stroke exposure, meanwhile, the buildings points are moved to match with the new houses and their line width is animated to zero. Horizon of the first scene is matched to the new one by point and width animation. All this meanwhile the camera zooms back, so that movement dissimulates all the changes and create a sensation of smoothness.
Ramón López wrote:...Jasp! Solar energy + AS, my two weakness together at last! :D (I had to comment) Of course... by selgin :)

Incredibly effective work, BTW. More taking into account the short amount of invested time... Me instead (supposing I be cap-able to do it), would have needed 3 months at least :x
Hehe, thank you, Ramón. It's very nice to see you posting in this section (even more if I am to blame :roll:), I really hope to see someday an animation from you, even a little test (I only remember a very old kind of dinosaur made with teddy and moho).
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Yeah, I really feel like a super intruder here :roll:, but sometimes I simply can't resist... Oh! It was hard and took several seconds to me remember that thing! It was so little/simple... that surprise me you remember it :)

Hmmm... now I can't avoid to wonder what would happen if I start to share things here and you do the same thing but in the scripting section! :shock: The end of the world just as we know it?? It'd be nice for my part :)

Cheers!
PS: Ramón López was here...
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Hey! the work is finally published
you can find all videos here:
http://www.energiaparachile.cl
I made "solar" and "de los mares" (of the sea) videos. Plus, I participated tweaking some animations of the final part and adding color to the end. All the animations were entirely made in AS. Five animators participated in the project.

PD: I'm not really happy with the look they gave to the page, it has nothing to do with the black and white animations (well, I'm not really happy with the energetic policy of the government neither).
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Selgin, maybe it's me, but I just get a blank white page from that link...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

jahnocli wrote:Selgin, maybe it's me, but I just get a blank white page from that link...
You are right, it seems to be they removed the page... I really don't know when it will be online again, sorry.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

It's working now (I don't know for how many time) :roll:
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Yeah, that works. Very fluid animation, but there is too much talk for me!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?