animate 3d poser files in AS5 or 6

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

scottycb

animate 3d poser files in AS5 or 6

Post by scottycb »

Can I buy poser content and animate it in AS5 or 6?
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

It must be a OBJ model and you can animate it in AS but will be limited, you can do it using bones.
scottycb

Post by scottycb »

Thanks. The reason I ask is, when I download 3d content from content paradise it either comes out really small or AS can't find import it.
Am I doing something wrong? Probably.
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

Sometimes it happens that when you import a 3d OBJ object into AS the object is too big and sometimes you cant see it in the working area so you could use the auto-scale tool that is in the 3d options in the script menu.
Last edited by PARKER on Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wena

OBJ's

Post by wena »

Is there a tutorial that I can use to import OBJ files, and what are there limitations?

Wena Parry
South Wales, UK

P.O. I am now using v 6 pro
PARKER

Re: OBJ's

Post by PARKER »

wena wrote:Is there a tutorial that I can use to import OBJ files, and what are there limitations?

Wena Parry
South Wales, UK

Everything about 3d in AS is very simple.Things to have in mind:

-You only can import OBJ models in AS.Most of 3d softwares can export in OBJ so no problem.
-In the tutorial of the software they recommend you to use Amapi, Shade and Poser with anime studio.I dont think its necesary to have all those, you just get Poser, i think its the best.
-You should download this too:

Poser to Anime Studio Pro OBJ Exporter script:

http://my.smithmicro.com/tutorials/1928.html

To Export 3D OBJ's from Poser into Anime Studio Pro, please follow the steps below:

1. Save your AnimeStudio_Export.py script on your computer in a location you can find.
2. Start Poser and select the 3D OBJ you want to export by bringing it into the scene
3. From within Poser Select File > Run Python Script, select the AnimeStudio_Export.py script
4. Poser will ask you to Save Poser Scene, type in a name for your 3D OBJ and Click on Save

To Import into Anime Studio Pro

1. Start Anime Studio Pro
2. Select File > Import > OBJ 3D Model find your 3D OBJ and open it
3. Select the Layer Settings from the Layers Palette (bottom right corner) for your 3D Object
4. Layer Settings dialog opens, Click on the 3D Options tab, change edge offset to "0.00"

When you have already imported the 3d OBJ object you could use the auto-scale tool that is in the 3d options in the script menu.It should place the 3d model in the center of the working area.

There are some limitations to animate 3d objects in AS:

You can use 3D layers with skeletons. Using a bone layer, you can warp a 3D model by moving bones around. Keep in mind that while 3D layers are truly three-dimensional, bone layers are only 2D. So, any manipulation you do with bones is going to be limited to some degree.

Because Anime Studio is not a true 3D program, not all 3D features are supported. In particular, lighting. Any 3D model you import will be flat shaded. However, because Anime Studio does support texture maps, you can simulate lighting if a texture map has lighting effects "baked" into it.

Video tutorials:

How to import OBJ models into AS:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RQT67AP0

How to export with Poser:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=02S7KVNV
cocoOS

Re: OBJ's

Post by cocoOS »

excuse me parker but with the latest edition anime studio pro is the same process?...I've anime studio 7 and now and trying poser but I want import a scene from poser inside anime studio and I get a error, It said something about error in the serialization please check inside anime studio than the poser folder location is rigth...then I cheked it inside configuration and It's the right location...I want import a poser escene animation inside ASP (I saw a demostration in youtube and this work amazing) but I can't do it work...

PARKER wrote:
wena wrote:Is there a tutorial that I can use to import OBJ files, and what are there limitations?

Wena Parry
South Wales, UK

Everything about 3d in AS is very simple.Things to have in mind:

-You only can import OBJ models in AS.Most of 3d softwares can export in OBJ so no problem.
-In the tutorial of the software they recommend you to use Amapi, Shade and Poser with anime studio.I dont think its necesary to have all those, you just get Poser, i think its the best.
-You should download this too:

Poser to Anime Studio Pro OBJ Exporter script:

http://my.smithmicro.com/tutorials/1928.html

To Export 3D OBJ's from Poser into Anime Studio Pro, please follow the steps below:

1. Save your AnimeStudio_Export.py script on your computer in a location you can find.
2. Start Poser and select the 3D OBJ you want to export by bringing it into the scene
3. From within Poser Select File > Run Python Script, select the AnimeStudio_Export.py script
4. Poser will ask you to Save Poser Scene, type in a name for your 3D OBJ and Click on Save

To Import into Anime Studio Pro

1. Start Anime Studio Pro
2. Select File > Import > OBJ 3D Model find your 3D OBJ and open it
3. Select the Layer Settings from the Layers Palette (bottom right corner) for your 3D Object
4. Layer Settings dialog opens, Click on the 3D Options tab, change edge offset to "0.00"

When you have already imported the 3d OBJ object you could use the auto-scale tool that is in the 3d options in the script menu.It should place the 3d model in the center of the working area.

There are some limitations to animate 3d objects in AS:

You can use 3D layers with skeletons. Using a bone layer, you can warp a 3D model by moving bones around. Keep in mind that while 3D layers are truly three-dimensional, bone layers are only 2D. So, any manipulation you do with bones is going to be limited to some degree.

Because Anime Studio is not a true 3D program, not all 3D features are supported. In particular, lighting. Any 3D model you import will be flat shaded. However, because Anime Studio does support texture maps, you can simulate lighting if a texture map has lighting effects "baked" into it.

Video tutorials:

How to import OBJ models into AS:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RQT67AP0

How to export with Poser:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=02S7KVNV
Pawprints

Importing Poser into AS Pro 7

Post by Pawprints »

Hi,

I take it you own a copy of Poser? I believe you will need this to import poser scenes into anime studio pro. It's always a good idea if you're using windows 7 to make sure you run software in administrator mode if possible as this can help if there's something blocking the software talking to others. When you get the error message locate to where you installed your poser software. This is usually in your C drive under a folder program files / smith micro (or program files x86). You should see a poser folder here and then click on it and click ok and then it should import the scene.

I'm not sure if process works with the newly released Debut version of poser but I think it would be good if someone could check this out as maybe a poser + AS bundle could be created by smith micro. :)