Video game assets

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Uolter

Post by Uolter »

Nice bgs Parker, I especially love the desert one!
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

Uolter wrote:Nice bgs Parker, I especially love the desert one!
Thanks, rightnow im looking for the last one, i dont find it :?
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

Graveyard stage.
This is the last one for the racing game, the best still to come :).
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

Assets for RPG game.
This are way more complex and took longer to make than the other assets posted here, specially because of the amount of textures i used.
Actually i havent use these ones for a game yet, just to practice but i think they can work, enjoy:

All kind of comments are welcome.
Thanks for looking.
cheyne

Post by cheyne »

Wow - these are great! Details are sweet as. I like the style man - Graveyard level looks great.

Ahh, game programming. Tried to learn different packages in the past but don't have the patience, I'd rather draw and animate!

If you REALLY want to hook up with a programmer (experienced) you should check out http://www.yoyogames.com/ or even check out the http://flashkit.com/. Hang out in the forums - I went to YoYo Games and there are HEAPS of talented programmers who are absolutely frothing at the mouth for a good artist/animator. http://www.newgrounds.com has been around for over a decade now and you will find many talented Flash developers.

I think you should think about the platform you want to make games for. Do you want to make casual online games played in a browser? Do you want to get into the iPhone apps market? Or really knuckle down and get into a long term project.

Always good to have a plan 8) [/url]
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

cheyne wrote: If you REALLY want to hook up with a programmer (experienced) you should check out http://www.yoyogames.com/ or even check out the http://flashkit.com/. Hang out in the forums - I went to YoYo Games and there are HEAPS of talented programmers who are absolutely frothing at the mouth for a good artist/animator. http://www.newgrounds.com has been around for over a decade now and you will find many talented Flash developers.
Thank you so much for the links, newgrounds and yoyogames looks really interesting.
Well i would like to make some interesting games to play on PC.
I hope to find a good partner there to make business, does people on those sites know other things beside flash like purebasic, bisual basic, c++, java and that kind of programming languages?
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

More RPG assets:
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

Parker, I'm disappointed that the game graphics for the skate boarding game were released. This was a project I created and was suppose to be between us. Which in turn became "our" project as I was wanting it to be 50/50 since it was just the two of us.

I understand that my progress has been slow on the programming side lately due to me moving and a couple other things I'm trying to get situated. But this should have been a partner decision on releasing anything a head of time.

You're good with graphics and very energetic but need a little more patience.
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

J. Baker wrote:Parker, I'm disappointed that the game graphics for the skate boarding game were released. This was a project I created and was suppose to be between us. Which in turn became "our" project as I was wanting it to be 50/50 since it was just the two of us.

I understand that my progress has been slow on the programming side lately due to me moving and a couple other things I'm trying to get situated. But this should have been a partner decision on releasing anything a head of time.

You're good with graphics and very energetic but need a little more patience.
I was going to let you know about this soon but being so busy make me forget about that, but at the end you are right.
I dont think showing these assets here before the realease of the game is a great deal but i will respect any desicion you take about this partnership.
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

Since the "cat is out of the bag" kind of. I've attached a link below on what Parker and I were working on. It was going to be a skate boarding game where the skater had to avoid various objects throughout each level.

I think Parker did a nice job on the graphics. It was a bit hard on my end as I hand coded everything. Everything from layout to my own animated sprite sheet code.

Anyway, I did hit some bumps while programming this but eventually figured them out. While Parker was a speed demon on getting all the graphics out for each level. He's really fast at what he does.

Any who, below is a link to download and test the first level design out. It doesn't have much collision wise as I spent most of my time figuring out the skaters movements. Use the arrow keys to control the skater. He jumps with the space bar. DONT GO TOO FAR PAST THE KID AND ROAD BARRIERS. Else the game will lock up because of a bug I haven't fixed yet. Press ESC to close.

www.flashpulse.com/gameproject01/SkateBoarding.zip

My latest plan is to switch to the Mac OS X and develop for the iPhone and iPad. Just because that is where the current game market is at. So I'm sure you will see something from us later this year sometime. And yes, all graphics will be done in Anime Studio. ;)