Style window inside a tool

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Style window inside a tool

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I have always thought that the style window is too big. Now, looking at the great Color Tool script, made by Ponysmasher, plus the awesome Lost Layer Tool script, wrote by Ramón López; I think the all style window could be compressed to use only the space on the controls of a scripted select shape tool. It's hard to explain, so I made an image showing how it could be.

Dear scripters and users, what do you think?
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Rudiger

Re: Style window inside a tool

Post by Rudiger »

selgin wrote:I have always thought that the style window is too big. Now, looking at the great Color Tool script, made by Ponysmasher, plus the awesome Lost Layer Tool script, wrote by Ramón López; I think the all style window could be compressed to use only the space on the controls of a scripted select shape tool. It's hard to explain, so I made an image showing how it could be.

Dear scripters and users, what do you think?
I would love it if the current style panel could get condensed to something like this with the push of a button, but I still think I would like to be able to view it in it's expanded form as well.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: Style window inside a tool

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Rudiger wrote:I would love it if the current style panel could get condensed to something like this with the push of a button, but I still think I would like to be able to view it in it's expanded form as well.
Yes, my idea is to have the option to chose between the two modes. Anyway, I forgot to mention your amazing nudge keys tool, which is the base (and inspiration) of all this kind of "multi tools" :D.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Me, an inspiration? Really :oops:? I just saw what Mike was doing with consolidating tools in AS6 and took it to the extreme. Then Ramon totally outdid me with his Lost Layer Tool :)! Ponysmasher's Color Tool is looking really promising, especially if it let you set the properties of more than one shape at a time, which is still not possible in AS! Since styles are avaible in the scripting interface, it is possible that your most of your proposal could be done with scripting.
Uolter

Post by Uolter »

Great idea, I would love it! I finally decided to use scripts and I'm excited after I tried the key tool, instant limb and line magnet...they're fantastic! They save a lot of work...
To come back to the post, would be cool to put in some way the colours swatch, so you can definitively shut down the classic interface.
tonym

Post by tonym »

I just wanted to pop in and say that, like Selgin, I sometimes think the Styles Window is too big.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

tonym wrote:I just wanted to pop in and say that, like Selgin, I sometimes think the Styles Window is too big.
It just needs organising properly.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
tonym

Post by tonym »

Exactly. But an option allowing the user to hide the color palette would also be nice.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

tonym wrote:Exactly. But an option allowing the user to hide the color palette would also be nice.
I make this:
as default, style window can be undocked with control+] so when I undocked the style window, I drag it to the absolutely right of the screen, making it practically disappear.
Now, if you press control+] the style will be docked back. If you press control+] again it will disappear.

(I do the same thing with timeline, which command is control+[)
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
tonym

Post by tonym »

I forgot about that nifty technique! I was using it for a while after you (I think it was you?) first made a post about it. Then I didn't animate for many months and forgot about it.

Thanks for the reminder. It's so useful, I am going to be using it a lot now. :)