One animation at a time.

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

anniemoe

One animation at a time.

Post by anniemoe »

I have a blue sky, sun and pyramids setup. I want the sun to rise to the top from behind the pyramids. Then a saucer will crash into one of the pyramids.

I want the sun to sit up there for a few seconds longer than the pyramid will come and crash into the pyramid.

The problem is that the Flying saucer is moving with the sun. How do i get the saucer to move without the sun? Thanks.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

anniemoe wrote:How do i get the saucer to move without the sun?

Simple. Put them on separate layers.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
tonym

Post by tonym »

Assuming you are using points and shapes, another way of doing this is by SELECTING points and TRANSLATING those points.

But, yeh, separate layers would be easier.
anniemoe

Post by anniemoe »

Thanks. I have them on seperate layers and even in seperate groups.

Group 1: I got the Pyramid, Sun and Sky

Group 2: I got the Flying Saucer
sbtamu

Re: One animation at a time.

Post by sbtamu »

anniemoe wrote:I have a blue sky, sun and pyramids setup. I want the sun to rise to the top from behind the pyramids. Then a saucer will crash into one of the pyramids.

I want the sun to sit up there for a few seconds longer than the pyramid will come and crash into the pyramid.

The problem is that the Flying saucer is moving with the sun. How do i get the saucer to move without the sun? Thanks.
If I am reading this right, it looks like you just need key to keep the saucer from moving.

I made this for you to look at and if its not what your looking for then no problem as I just did it while drinking my morning coffee and only took a few minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVU2Y9wwjho
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
tonym

Post by tonym »

Hmm. Maybe you accidentally copied the sun's animation to the saucer.

Try this.

Click on the flying saucer group to SELECT it. Then go to the ANIMATION menu and select CLEAR ANIMATION FROM LAYER. The saucer should not move after that.

If it does, then repeat for the actual saucer layer within the group.

EDIT: Yeh, it could be a keyframe issue. You may only need to set a Hold Key via COPY & PASTE. Try his /\ /\ /\ solution first.
anniemoe

Post by anniemoe »

Thanks once again guys. I got it. Sbtamu, thanks so much. Real kind for you to go outta you're way to creata a tutorial just for this.