ASP 6 files launch ASP 5 by default

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

tonym

ASP 6 files launch ASP 5 by default

Post by tonym »

When I double-click on an anme file that I made in ASP 6, the file launches my old copy of ASP 5. Naturally, ASP 5 then says it can't open the file.

My workaround has been to open ASP 6 first, then use OPEN to select the file. But now...(sigh)...I am tired of using a workaround.

How can I make it so that all my anme files launch ASP 6 by default?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

If you are on windows, this is a window's problem. Right click your file, chose Open with, select ASP6 and check something like Use always this software to open this kind of file. Then OK and all will be back to normality.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

This might work, right click on any .anme file and scroll down to 'open with' then scroll down to 'chose a program' and select Anime Studio 6.X and also select the box that says "always use the selected program to open this type of file"

stephen

edit...

Selgin must of posted while I was still typing but we pretty much said the same thing.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
tonym

Post by tonym »

Thanks for the replies! It worked!

I did OPEN WITH as you suggested. Unfortunately, on a Mac (I'm on a Mac) there is no "always use the selected program to open this type of file" option.

So I right-clicked on the file and chose GET INFO, thinking an OPEN WITH option might be there. Tah-dah! A menu containing an OPEN WITH option appeared. So I picked ASP 6 and it worked!

My default ASP 6 file, which I made myself back in the days of ASP 5, must still be set to open in ASP 5. I'm going to change it now.

THANKS for helping!