Che Guevara test + Concert spot

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Uolter

Post by Uolter »

I watched it and the previous version again, they're both great, but the latest is more r'n'r! :twisted:
gregino

Post by gregino »

Very cool transitions, did you make them with ASP?
I'm just a little disappointed to not see the girl of the first one, i found the hair animation very nice:)
Last edited by gregino on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

gregino wrote:Very cool transitions, did you make them with ASP?
I'm just a little disappointed to not see the girl of the first one, i founded the hair animation very nice:)
Hehe, don't worry, it was a man with long hair.
I made a little tutorial about animating hair (or wind flowing stuf), check here. The tutorial uses points, but you can use the same process for bones or whatever.

Final composition was made in After Effects, but all transitions are pre made in Anime Studio, moving points, showing hidden shapes and changing colors.

Thank you very much for the nice comments. It has been very fun to participate in this project and the concert has been very famous here in Chile, there are a lot of posters and tv pass the commercial a lot. Of course, nobody cares who animated it :roll:
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
gregino

Post by gregino »

selgin wrote: I made a little tutorial about animating hair (or wind flowing stuf), check here. The tutorial uses points, but you can use the same process for bones or whatever.
Thanks for sharing ! This tutorial is great!
selgin wrote: Of course, nobody cares who animated it
Lol, i'm sure this is not true, you can be proud of your work :)
Mozbo

Post by Mozbo »

That was a blast to watch! SO smooth with the transitions, and so lively, without being too fast, or too slow. It was just right and very enjoyable.
Excellent work!
~M
Change is inevitable, growth is optional.
Life is short, enjoy the adventure!
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Mozbo wrote:That was a blast to watch! SO smooth with the transitions, and so lively, without being too fast, or too slow. It was just right and very enjoyable.
Excellent work!
Thank you, Mozbo :D
Right now I'm chatting with PabloLobato offering him the anme files... He says he has no idea about what could he do with them, hehehe.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

No doubt the second version is better, worth watching :) .
Good job and keep it up!
cheyne

Post by cheyne »

Sweet as! Two thumbs up. I dream one day to be as good you Selgin... Ok time to get off the forum and actually do some work!
njoo2as

amazing!

Post by njoo2as »

amazing work! you should do some tutorials for character rigging with that style!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t8mqvvC4wg <--- I love the style and colors used here...did you create everything here? how did you achieve those amazing textures for water?!?!

the only style ive been doing is a cut out (south park) style:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27i_mg5meaE
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: amazing!

Post by Víctor Paredes »

cheyne wrote:Sweet as! Two thumbs up. I dream one day to be as good you Selgin... Ok time to get off the forum and actually do some work!
Thank you, cheyne, you are very nice. I hope to see you soon on the share your work section.
njoo2as wrote:amazing work! you should do some tutorials for character rigging with that style!
Thank you, njoo2as. I don't know if I will be able to make a full tutorial for doing this kind of characters, but I can give you some tips which could be helpful for many character styles

- masking is a great way to make head and body turns.
For example, the heads have a shape for the head contour masking other layer with all the stuff which is inside the head (like eyes, mouth, cheeks, etc). Generally, nose is on another layer, non masked, this way it can be beyond the cranium limits.

- bone movement is just the beginning. In my opinion, most of the magic on AS animations come from the good use of point movements. Use them as much as possible, deform the body shapes to adapt them to the pose you want.

- For head turns, create at least two or three positions (right, center, left) for using with blend morph. There are not better and easier way than moving head parts point by point at first and then reuse them with blend morph.

- On drawing stage think on the points you will need later. Use as few as possible and try to maintain a point symmetry (even if your character is first draw on a side view you will need the same amount of points on both sides of all the head parts to get a convincing head turn).

- Play with layer order and exaggerate the size of the body parts during the animation. Both techniques will give your character an "it's not made in Anime Studio" feel. It's very important for me, if you are watching special effects you don't want to see the thread that holds the spaceship. If you are watching animation, you don't want to see the bone structure behind the movement.

Ok, that's all I can think right now, if you have any specific doubt, just ask :wink:

PD: About the other short you say, you can go this thread and ask there. Please, it's just to keep the forum clean viewtopic.php?p=88002. Thank you :D
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
njoo2as

Re: amazing!

Post by njoo2as »

selgin wrote:
cheyne wrote:Sweet as! Two thumbs up. I dream one day to be as good you Selgin... Ok time to get off the forum and actually do some work!
Thank you, cheyne, you are very nice. I hope to see you soon on the share your work section.
njoo2as wrote:amazing work! you should do some tutorials for character rigging with that style!
Thank you, njoo2as. I don't know if I will be able to make a full tutorial for doing this kind of characters, but I can give you some tips which could be helpful for many character styles
I was studying this character and I learned a few amazing tips (masking)...and I found out that you can create straight edge points haha...and bone locking!

this just opened up a lot of new doors!