can I put video in seperate layer

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jack

can I put video in seperate layer

Post by jack »

HI everybody, I'm completley new to MOHO so please forgive my ignorance. I wondered if I can import AVI films into seperate layers and have multiple videos running then move between them. Is this possible and if so how?
Thanks
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Yes, this is possible. Select the File->Import->Movie menu command to import a movie. It will appear in Moho as a separate image layer. Like all layers, you can move this layer around, rotate, and scale it, or position it in 3D space.

When you say "move between them", do you mean switch from one movie to another? In that case, you could put them all in a switch layer so that you can switch which one is visible at any given time.
jack

Post by jack »

Thanks for the help,
When I said switch I was intending on having several videos running in a 3D space and then focusing on one and then the other as the characters in seperate movies speak.
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

Yes,

Like Lost Marble stated any layer can do movements and depth positioning. A lot like Adobe After Effects really, but a lot cheaper :wink: . I often use Moho like a "compositing" program for images and video, it also allows transparency in video. So you aren't limited to "solid" video, works great!

Good luck,

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
Squeakydave

Post by Squeakydave »

I'd just like to chime in with a related tip here.
The video will only play during the specified frame range ( the blue line on top of the timeline) regardless of how many frames you chose to render in the start frame to end frame render boxes of the export Animation pop up. Anything outside the blue line will just be a still frame.
This caught me out the other day and took me ages to work out.
I
jack

Post by jack »

Thanks a lot for all your help guys

Kind regards

Jack Keenan

www.ovule.co.uk