Genete! Springy bones 3D rotation with one bone.

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Genete

Post by Genete »

Another road opened...
1) A real 3D object can be loaded into Anime Studio. I mean a obj file.
2) That object is stored into a M_Mesh3D object.
3) A point of the mesh can be accessed by

Code: Select all

LM_Vector3 Point(id)

Get the position of a point in the mesh.
Return value (LM_Vector3): point location id (int): point identifier
4) Theoretically it would be possible create the side and front views of the 3D object model by its (x,y,z) values.

Would it make sense import 3D objects and create the front and side views to handle the object in the way we do?

If so it would help a lot because model a 3D object in a 3D program is easier than in our way. Later we can rig the model, even considering the limbs and so on.
It could be fantastic for non straight objects like your fantastic chair.

It is a silly thing?

--------

In other terms of things. I'm refining the auto3Drig script to:
a) Allow automatically create the masterX and Y bones it they don't exists.
b) Automatically create the clone central bone for the side view. Also automatically removed the dots in the name to avoid confuse the 3Dgrid script.

Also I have refined the sort shapes script to allow sort the limbs properly. Previous version only sort shapes from limbs in one limb level.

Once I finish it I'll post the files and a video tutorial usage sample.

-G
DK

Post by DK »

Hi Genete.
Are you suggesting imoprting a 3D object bones and all as per a Poser model?

D.K
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Genete,

I know very little about the 3D layers in AS. My theories I will suggest are not fact and have not been tested but are "intuition" only.

Code: Select all

LM_Vector3 Point(id)
I believe that code is for a point in the general 3D space of a layer for all kinds of uses (including ours). AS has the ability to deal with points in 3D space as it pertains to layers and the camera position. There are many cases when a 3D vector is needed. For instance it is used with the perspective tool in AS.

I assume, assume mind you, that an imported 3D obj file layer is not the same as a mesh layer. I can see all the 3D points when I turn on show construction curves for an imported obj file.

Like I said, I am only guessing as to how a 3D layer is like a mesh layer.

Personally I already have professional high end 3D software. I do not want to import 3D objects into AS. I like drawing the shapes and simulating 3D the way we are doing it.

I also have been coming up with some cool tricks to "draw" the 3D shape in AS and then "flattening" it for the rig process.

If you want to test this out by all means give it a shot. If it would help in the creation it would be great. I just won't touch an obj file with a ten foot pole when it comes to AS. I am perfectly happy with what we have so far.

This doesn't mean you can't try it on your own. I just don't want to have to create obj files for this. I hate polygons. ;)

-vern
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

i'm sorry if i interrupt your discussion, or if it was questioned before.

i have been playing with your script, which, i repeat, is chillingly great. but i can't figure if there is some way to rig the 3d shape.
i was playing, but i can't find the way (if there is a way). i remember the genete's 3d hand (which is chillingly great).

can't i make something like that?
Genete

Post by Genete »

@DK: Not exactly with bone. I mean import a3D object into AS as it is now established and then READ the properties of the just imported into AS 3D object (x,y,z coordinates of each point) and create a pair of 2D meshes inside its corresponding vectors layers (front and side views). Later make a 3D rig as if I were drawn the front a side views with the on going 3D rig technique and forget the imported 3D obj for the rest.

@selgin: Yes, there is a way to rig a kind of 3D shape but you have to figure it out in the 3D space, and create the front and side views of the 3D shape. The old 3D hand with the springy technique is only a 3D stick skeleton with a fake 2D (that simulates 3D) envelop to simulate the width of fingers.

@heyvern: Yes it would be a lot of points in the mesh but it depends of how did you uv map the obj in the 3D application. Later you can simulate curves to those mesh of 3D polygons (remember there are curvature in Anime Studio vector layers and for good or bad it is there!)

-G
Genete

Post by Genete »

Mmmm... A poligon of a 3D object share its edges with its neighbours...
How can I create the edges?... I have to think on it. But only a for a while! :wink:
-G