3D rig tutorial STEP BY STEP

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DK

Post by DK »

Genete. Fantastic!
And nice to hear your voice :)
The Sample.avi was great but it cut out unfortunately a short way in to the tutorial.

I used VLC player

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

to play your files and it worked perfectly! This is the best way to learn your technique for sure. Also, I like the way you have set up AS GUI. It looks much more functional than the default.

Well done!
D.K
Genete

Post by Genete »

DK wrote:The Sample.avi was great but it cut out unfortunately a short way in to the tutorial.
What are you refering to exactly? I don't understand, sorry.

BTW I have had some problems with 3D acceleration with my nvidia graphic card. Until I fix it I think I cannot post more videos.
Thanks for reply.
Genete
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Great tutorial videos Genete!! :D
thank you for this, it's much appreciated.
DK

Post by DK »

Hi Genete.
For some reason my download is being truncated. I opened it the video Gspot and it tells me 1.75 mb are missing. This is the second time i've downloaded it. Sorry.

D.K

DK

Post by DK »

I think I got it all that time Genete. Thanks. Great tutorial.

D.K
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

Thanks Genete!
this is looking cool, i look forward for more tutorials on your wonderful 3d concept!

oh and your English is good! don't worry ;)
Genete

Post by Genete »

Thanks guys!
I hope tonight I can fix the xserver 3D aceleration in my nvidia card and make more video tuts. I have to redo them (edit and cut the initial and finish seconds) to make them more professional. Also use 12fps only. My AMD Athlon XP 1200+ is getting sick with 25 fps...

Yeah!

Genete
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

Your english is fine, and also I think it's easier to explain things in a video since we can see what you're doing and thinking. Thanks for making them and I hope you make more.
Genete

Post by Genete »

I'm back!!
Just upgraded to Ubuntu 6.10 and ffmpeg runs again at full speed.

NEWS!!!

Please review the 2 new tutorials that I have done in my webpage.

(Go to Video Tutorial link on the left.)

1) THE SPRINGY MECHANISM (rebuilt)
2) RESIZE THE SPRINGY MECHANISM
3) SPRINGY MECHANISM AND A TARGET BONE (new!)
4) CHANGING THE SPRINGY MECHANISM INITIAL ANGLE (new!)

Sorry for the variations on the voice volume. It is very difficult speak, hold the microphone with the left and the mouse with the right at the same time... I'll ask for a new microphone for my birthday :D.

Enjoy.
Genete
toonertime

codec prob

Post by toonertime »

hi genete

I have quicktime but it wants some codec
to run your tutorial. Is it possible for you
to show another version of your tutorial?
I.e, use another codec to produce it?
Genete

Re: codec prob

Post by Genete »

toonertime wrote:hi genete

I have quicktime but it wants some codec
to run your tutorial. Is it possible for you
to show another version of your tutorial?
I.e, use another codec to produce it?
I have added QT version of the tutorial number 4. Could you please try to watch it and tell me if you can see it with Quicktime?

It will consume webspace so I could not have several versions of the tutorials. due to limited webspace (100 MB). I have two others webspaces already reserved but want to be sure people can watch it. Anyway to insert more codecs to your player is not a bad idea. I have as many as I can have. The original avi was done with xvid codec what is a open version of divx.

Genete
DK

Post by DK »

Hi Genete. I don't see a mov format on your site. I downloaded the avi that was linked and I have no audio.

D.K
Genete

Post by Genete »

DK wrote:Hi Genete. I don't see a mov format on your site. I downloaded the avi that was linked and I have no audio.

D.K
Sorry for that. Download the avi and raise the speakers volume. There must be audio. If not, it is a problem of audio codec. I have used Avidemux to cut the initial and end frames and also to convert to xvid and mpeg4. I'll try other formats as soon as possible. In linux I have as many codecs as possible to not to loose the internet show. If someone can encode it to a more universal format and hot it I'll be glad. Meanwhile although there is no audio try to do it by tour self :wink:
Regards
Genete

PD: Yes the QT is not official format. I'm now in a windows machine with Quicktime 6 and cannot watch it.
DK

Post by DK »

Hi Genete, I would be more than happy to re-encode your files but for some weird reason when I download the videos I'm only getting a portion of the file? Could this be a problem with Google? Is anyone else experiencing this?

D.K
Genete

Post by Genete »

DK wrote:Hi Genete, I would be more than happy to re-encode your files but for some weird reason when I download the videos I'm only getting a portion of the file? Could this be a problem with Google? Is anyone else experiencing this?

D.K
Tonight I'll try to record a trial using ffmpeg directly to mov container and post it here. If you and every one can watch it I'll re-grab the four video tutorials to that format. Also I'll try to avoid to cut initial and last frames with Avidemux (i'll do it with another non linear video editor) I need to increase volume of the voice but I'm very afraid on put the microphone so close to my mouth because I don't want to record my breath (it puts a lot of noise). My microphone have a very low sensibility because I have the record gage raised to the maximum and even then I need to put the micro so close to my mouth to hear myself thru the speakers.

Thanks for your patiente.
Genete