3D rig tutorial STEP BY STEP

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Tutorial no 4 is cut of after 4 min and 3 sec, so I missed the end of it, it's named "04-springychangeangle-soundOK"
The first 3 tutorials are really interesting!! I'would love to see the rest :D
Neoranma

Post by Neoranma »

Just came across this thread today. I looked at your tutorials. Wow!!! That just blew my mind. I think it's going to take me a while to assimilate the springies. Also I've seen the practical uses of it on the hand animation. I'd love to see a few more though.

As for easy to follow. I did not have any problems keeping up with the first 4 tutorials. I haven't had a chance to look at the rest yet.
Genete

Post by Genete »

@ ulrik: thanks for the feed back. You can see complete (bad quality) the number 4 also in google videos (embedded in the webpage). Anyway it must be a bandwidth problem because the file is complete (I think) Other have downloaded yet...

@Neoranma: thanks for feedback also. Welcomed to this new technique. Warinig!! This technique get hooked!! :wink:

---
NEWS! A new tutorial number 6 (part 1) is arriving. It is called "VARIABLE LENGTH SPRINGY MECHANISM" Ready soon!!

Enjoy!
Genete

EDITED: The number 4 is now being uploaded to google videos. Sorry.
EDITED 2: Google video for lesson 4 is ready. I have tested the avi video and works fine.
DK

Post by DK »

Hi Genete. I'm extremely sorry to say that the files on your site are not downloading properly. The zip files all have unexpected end of archive errors and cannot be opened. I suspect this could be a problem with the host as I have no trouble downloading anything. I downloaded 1 gig video tutorial last night and it played perfectly. I can play the other video files but they terminate early but play enough that I have no problem following along. It's just the first two that are zipped - 05-two-springy-part-1a.avi.zip and 05-two-springy-part-1b.avi.zip that I cannot open.

So sorry for all these problems. I know are not your fault.
D.K
Genete

Post by Genete »

I'll split the zipped avi files in two and upload them again. I'll also revise the other avi files for the ending of them. Really have problems encoding them when raise the voice volume. Forgive me if this is an unconvenience.
There is a problem with tutorial number 5. I did it in one shot but the second part was awful (a lot of errors ans misspelling from my side) so I decided to redo the second part in another shot. Don't worry. The original recording still existing and Ican tray to re encode again. I'll continue the lessons until the end becasue we are more or less at 3/4 of the finish.

What about lesson number 6? :wink: Better?
It is good your feed back for the downloading, but also need the feedback for understanding the technique. What about that?
Regards
Genete
DK

Post by DK »

Hi Genete.
I cannot download the zipped avi files uncorrupted and all the video files only download 80 percent. This time i made sure to watch the download progress bar of the zipped avi file" Two springy mechanisms together - part one - a(avi video zipped. Please save in hard disk before watch it)".

This file size reads 9mb and everything was downloading fine until the progress bar got to around 7mb then the bar just shoots up to 9mb and leaving the zip file corrupt on my hd.
I have never had this happen before and I do not know how to rectify this?????Anyone????

D.K
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

DK, maybe a download manager might help?

What browser do you download with?
Genete

Post by Genete »

Patmals wrote:DK, maybe a download manager might help?

What browser do you download with?
Hey Patmals! have you got same problems with the downloads?
Thanks
Genete

@DK Don't worry for that. I would search for another host to proper download.
Can anyone download the files and host them for a while?... :roll: :wink:
Thanks
Genete
DK

Post by DK »

I'm just using Windows IE to download. I have never had any problems like this before. Everything else downloads fine?

D.K
DK

Post by DK »

Hey patmals, that worked thanks. There is something going on with the host though, I watched the download in my DL manager ans when it got to 7.9 mb there was a pause in the download. I guess that's what was cutting IE's downloads short. Problem solved thanks again!

D.K
Genete

Post by Genete »

DK wrote:Hey patmals, that worked thanks. There is something going on with the host though, I watched the download in my DL manager ans when it got to 7.9 mb there was a pause in the download. I guess that's what was cutting IE's downloads short. Problem solved thanks again!

D.K
Great!
So, can you watch EVERY tutorial now? I hope yes. :very happy:
Please now I need technical feedback. It really will encourage me if someone understand/use this technique :D. I'm doing a big effort to share with all of you my knowledge in this area ... :cry:.... Please feedback :shock: ....Thanks

Genete
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

Genete>>
Yes! i had the same problems as DK did. And was using IE 7 to download.
I haven't installed a download manager yet because i had to format and reinstall everything a few days ago.. :(

DK>>
Great! I am glad. But i haven't tried to download it using firefox without a download manager. Maybe i will try using that before reinstalling getright or something.
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

Nope, i just tried using Firefox's default download and got the same thing.

I guess i have to take my own advice and use a download manager :)
DK

Post by DK »

Hi Patmals. here's a really small download manager that requires no installation. It works great.

http://www.errolgray.com.au/WackGet1.2.2.zip

Cheers
D.K
Genete

Post by Genete »

Dang it!
I have Firefox (2.0 or higer) and no problem with the zip files (using Ubuntu linux 6.10 now).

Don't try to open directly. First make a "save as" and open later. Perhaps it could help.

(((Mmmmm.... Change to linux boys! :wink:)))

Genete