3D rig tutorial STEP BY STEP

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Touched

Post by Touched »

The audio, though quiet, seems pretty free of noise, so you could extract the audio and use Audacity or something to Normalise the audio, or just raise the volume in there, and then remultiplex the audio together with the video.
Genete

Post by Genete »

I have re-encoded the tutorial number 3 in a Quicktime format (MOV) and raise the voice level with an audio filter.

Please check it out and let me know.
Genete
Genete

Post by Genete »

:oops: I'm getting in a mess with the codecs.
PLEASE can someone test this link and tell me if it is OK for you?
It is ISO MPEG-4 (ffmpeg) and AAC (libac) audio formats. Also I have rasied the volume of the voice.

I will appreciate very much your help to continue posting more tutorials.

Thanks
Genete
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

Genete, this could be your legacy:

Imagine bone rigged artwork of this quality in an animated movie.

Anime Studio has almost all the tools to make it happen except for maybe bitmap morphing via vector points. If we had vector points that could morph raster shapes as easily as vector shapes, and combine that with
an advanced version of Genete's bone rig discoveries, then the day will come when digital paintings will animate in full motion without compromising detail, quality, or production time.

Digital oil paintings that animated like any Disney movie would be enough to put 2D back as king of the animated feature.

The technology is here. We've had it for years. All it takes is an ambitious, saavy developer to make it happen.

And they'll be creating these epics with a version of Heyvern/Genete's bone rig invention. The future of 2D is in this amazing production tool.

It's almost Science Fiction.

But not the kind we're used to seeing in movies.

The mov file works for me. Every time you make one, it's gold.
Genete

Post by Genete »

Thanks Darth Furby for the reply. I really needed it to continue the tutorial.

BTW are those pictures artwork from your self? (forget it I have ween the copyrights in the pictures and the author is always different.)

Regards
Genete
DK

Post by DK »

Hi Genete,
Nothing, not even vlc player will play this file on my system for some reason.

D.K
Touched

Post by Touched »

@DF: Though raster manipulation through points would indeed make it more flexible, I think it would still be a bit too awkward to animate a raster image like I would a vector image (unless you have a method in mind to create a raster head turn from front view to full side view? I can think of one, but it would require a lot of raster cutout shapes). I think what would solve this is if we had a vector paint program that could be used as if it were a raster paint program, but using vectors to achieve it. A way to create an image that looks like raster but is really vectors, and can be animated in kind.
Genete

Post by Genete »

DK wrote:Hi Genete,
Nothing, not even vlc player will play this file on my system for some reason.

D.K
It is very sad to me that precisely you could not see the movies.
Tell me one thing, can you see all the AVI's? Any? please send me a link on what you can see (forget he audio) in my webpage. I'll encode in that format if it is fine for you.

Now I'm cutting a 10 minutes tutorial (number five part one) into two files because I cannot upload more than 10 MB per file in my webpage. I hope tomorrow will be finished.

DK, I'm doing all my best to try to show you the video tutorial. Please send me a post with the links what you can watch and what cannot.

Regards
Genete
DK

Post by DK »

Hi Genete,
It is very sad to me that precisely you could not see the movies.
I'm sure i am not the only person following your tutorials Genete. Rather, it's more likely that that i am amoung the few who are willing to openly admit that your technique is a little difficult to grasp :) I'd say there are quite a few people secretly following your progress.
please send me a link on what you can see
I can see most of the voideos you have done in .avi format.

Setting up a springy mechanism [AVI sound low]
Change the length of the springy mechanism stroke
Springy mechanism plus a target bone
Change the starting angle of the springy mechanism [AVI xvid]

If possible can you please zip the rest of the avi files you make? For some reason I can only get 3/4 of the avi's files downloaded.

Many thanks
D.K
Genete

Post by Genete »

Hi DK,
I'm sure i am not the only person following your tutorials Genete. Rather, it's more likely that that i am amoung the few who are willing to openly admit that your technique is a little difficult to grasp Smile I'd say there are quite a few people secretly following your progress.
Haha!!... I guess also you're not the only one!. But I specially I'm doing this for you!!!!!... (((( Hey guys!I need feed back if you understand it or not!! Also what video you can see!!!! I cannot overload my webpage with extra formats!!!! :wink: )))) Not so difficult indeed. The teacher is the problem. I hope a new world will open with the new tutorial I'm preparing.
I can see most of the voideos you have done in .avi format.

Setting up a springy mechanism [AVI sound low]
Change the length of the springy mechanism stroke
Springy mechanism plus a target bone
Change the starting angle of the springy mechanism [AVI xvid]

If possible can you please zip the rest of the avi files you make? For some reason I can only get 3/4 of the avi's files downloaded.
I think you have a problem with your bandwidth and you computer. I can download completely. ((((DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM ? IF YOU CAN DOWNLOAD COMPLETELY PLEASE TELL US. thanks))))

I will re-sample all the videos to increase the voice and upload them again. I will delete every non avi format. It is clear that my open quikctime format is not compatible. :cry:

Please still connected. Very soon will arrive a new tutorial (number five) called: TWO SPRINGY MECHANISMS TOGETHER. It will be very illustrative.

Cheers!!!
Genete
DK

Post by DK »

I really appreciate your efforts Genete. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know. I can't wait for the next installment :) Things are starting to look very interesting. Your tutorials are clear and very well done.

D.K
Genete

Post by Genete »

The 3D rig Tutorial web-page has been completely updated.

1) Lessons 1 to 4 have been converted to AVI format and with the sound corrected.
2) Other links to MOV files have been removed.
3) Added new Lesson: 5) TWO SPRINGY MECHANISM TOGETHER :idea: It was needed to split the lesson into 7 parts... :shock: The two first are avi videos zipped. The rest are avi videos. Please download them and put together in a video player list. You can experience some overlapping in some of them. I hope you don't mind... but I loose some frames from the finish of the movie every time I cut them into pieces. DON'T ASK ME WHY :wink:
4) Also I have included a link to the anme file that holds the tutorial number 5. I think it covers the lessons 1 to 4.

I'm working in a new one called Lesson 6) VARIABLE LENGTH SPRINGY MECHANISM (known as "the beast" :wink:)

Enjoy ... and feed back!
Genete
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

hi genete, i'm trying to download your videos to learn this technique (que parece ser espectacular), but i can't download the videos. downloading stops at 668 kb.
can you put them in youtube or similar and then put them in your page? it's frustrating, i have tried with firefox and ie, and it's the same problem.

thanks.
Genete

Post by Genete »

selgin wrote:hi genete, i'm trying to download your videos to learn this technique (que parece ser espectacular), but i can't download the videos. downloading stops at 668 kb.
can you put them in youtube or similar and then put them in your page? it's frustrating, i have tried with firefox and ie, and it's the same problem.

thanks.
I'll do it but better in google video. Youtube lose the audio sync.
But is very strange... I have tested all the links and it don't stop the loading. Also I have cleaned the firefox cache files to be sure that the file is really downloaded.
Google video will last other day almost. Some time to upload and sometime to them to verify the content, translate and publish.

Please continue trying to download them.
DOES ANYBODY ELSE HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM??
Thanks selgin for reply.
Best
Genete
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Hi Genete.
I downloaded your video files, but I can't play them in quicktime, I had to reencode them with ffmpeg and now they are working, great, thank you very much for thoose tutorials!!! :D