Joints

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

Please, do post the ZIP of the scripts you're using. Or if you can find the name of the layering one, post that...

I downloaded the Universal Layer and Point scripts, and they do indeed work nicely. I hadn't really considered using many of the scripts because I was having a hard enough time fumbling my way through the basic tools. But I can certainly see how these two universal tools are way helpful...
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

wizaerd wrote:As I tried to tell you Patmals, it has aboslutley nothing to do with the bones...

Sorry mate...
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

I'm sorry, I hope you don't think I was trying to sound superior, it certainly was not my intent...
ingie01

Post by ingie01 »

Heyvern,
Thank you for the clear and understandable tutorial you posted. I has shown me a few things I was having trouble with......
You'll know when you get there! My Dad
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

ingie01 wrote:Heyvern,
Thank you for the clear and understandable tutorial you posted. I has shown me a few things I was having trouble with......

exactly the same.
thanks heyvern.
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

Now that I have a character rigged this way, I've noticed that we lose the IK abilitity of the bones. If you drag the hand bone of the example rig, the rest of the arm doesn't follow along. Is this because of the parenting of the fan bones? I can live without the IK I suppose, but that's one of the nice features of using bones...
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

wizaerd wrote: I can live without the IK I suppose, but that's one of the nice features of using bones...
Of course, and sadly there's so many ways in Moho/AS that impede you to use it...
Last edited by Rai López on Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Ramón López wrote:sadly there's so many ways in Moho/AS that impede you to use it...
Still, it's much easier to use than a pencil and paper, and do the animation traditionally. OTOH I agree with you that the user interface should be much more intuitive and have a less "technical feel".
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

I don't know about "techincal feel", of course all things can be improved, but I'm more worried about "technical incompatibilitys" about I was refering, incompatibilitys that in this program abound much more that in any other I've tried and that is what make me sad...
Last edited by Rai López on Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Ramon,

I appreciate your... problems with AS... but how did this positive informative thread turn into yet ANOTHER "Moho bash" discussion?

It's like a god dang broken record. No discussion is complete till Ramon says something negative about this application.

Is there not one single discussion here that doesn't require a negative comment?

Enough already! Give us a breather. Post in the bugs forum.

Sheesh.

-vern
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

heyvern wrote:Post in the bugs forum.
...I still have done it! ;)

And beliveme, I'll be the first that will jump in happy when they be mended, anyway I always have said a lot of times that I LOVE this program over all, there are WONDERFULL things on it but there is horrible things too that must be considered, it's only that I think the truth is finally the best option for all of us :)
Last edited by Rai López on Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Ramon,

Sometimes there is a time and a place for posting negative things. You don't have to post your complaints in every single thread... they aren't actually helpful.

This is the TIPS AND TECHNIQUES forum. I would expect many of the tips here regard working AROUND problems UNTILL THEY ARE FIXED.

If you have a tip to workaround an issue... let's hear about it.

-vern
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

I didn't mean to spark off negativity, I was asking if the loss of IK was due to the fan bones... I still prefer this rig method for the elbow joints to look good regardless of the IK capabilities... sorry...
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Wizaerd,

It was not you at all. You made a logical observation which was confirmed.

Ramon continued to elaborate beyond what I personally felt was absolutely neccessary. He does this constantly. As I am a cheerleader constantly... Ramon is my oposite in many cases.

Although... he does cheerfully point out the terrible faults of AS/Moho.
;)

The squeaky wheel gets the oil... but in this case... none of us have any oil to fix his wheel... but we still have to hear all the sqeaking.

-vern
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

wizaerd wrote:I'm sorry, I hope you don't think I was trying to sound superior, it certainly was not my intent...
HI Wizaerd,

Oh not at all :)

I was feeling really under the weather at was not thinking straight at all at the time.

But i am glad your were right :)

Good luck with your project!

And obviously, i now learnt the correct way.