Moho files to After Effects?

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

nama_rupa

Moho files to After Effects?

Post by nama_rupa »

Hello all,

I was wondering if there is a way to get animations from Moho into After Effects as vector files? I assume this would be rendering a swf for flash and then doing something in flash to get it to After Effects right? Reason I ask because I tried exporting an animation test as an SWF and import into After Effects 7 (MAC) and I get a error about not being able to retrieve due to "invalid quicktime media (-2008)"

So this gets to my next question, if I cant get these animations into AE as SWF and I have to render as Quicktime movies is there any problems or methods I should be aware of in how to best make this workflow as smooth as possible.

Thanks in advance
F.M.

Post by F.M. »

When rendering in Quicktime make sure to select (millions of colors+).

Doing this will keep trasparencies intact. HTH
"and then Man created god!"
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

To get your swf into After Effects as a vector movie use something like Flash to convert the swf to an AI or EPS image sequence. In After Effects select the first ai or eps file and tick off the "Generic EPS Image Sequence" box and you're all set to go.

Kind of a clunky way to do it, but the next version of After Effects should have some really great vector based features that interact well with Adobe Flash, most likely including swf import.
nama_rupa

Post by nama_rupa »

thanks darth.