switch layers

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

waterdown

switch layers

Post by waterdown »

Hi - I want to have two people talking. Is it possible to have more than one switch layer for the same character, and for different characters? How to start and stop a conversation? Thank you for you help. javascript:emoticon(':?:')
javascript:emoticon(':?:')
thedoc

uhm,

Post by thedoc »

I have been thinking about the same thing like that... I think that you should space out the speeches in multitrack sound mixer like adobe audition...
Then export the speech of one character and mix it down and then for the other character too. Import into moho as a swich data and you're off.

The thing is doing the layout of the sound in a multitrack app and have one track per chracter but when you export the sound, export one by one.
7feet

Post by 7feet »

Well, I suppose you could have multiple switch layers and toggle their visibility, if you wan't to use separate audio files for each switch layer to have flexibility in placing the lines. But that still involves a lot of overhead, with lots of extra layers that might not be rendered but Moho still has to figure our if they are going to be or not. If that isn't a concern, that's one way to approah it. I'm thinkiong of this if you wanted to use the built-in auto lipsync, which is based on the audio file volume. You could have a few separate switch layer being triggered by different sound files, and change the layers visibility when you want each one to be seen.

--Brian
thedoc

nice

Post by thedoc »

Thats something i had'nt thought of.... will look into it myself
VideoDesigner77

two talking characters... my exper. so far

Post by VideoDesigner77 »

Greetings from Pembroke,

Thanks for the answer to my post shown below.

How would I delay the lip sync of the character that speaks last ?

I am new to MOHO and think that it is fantastic for making Character animations. I have purchased MOHO 5.0 and updated to 5.1

My lip syncing is based on Tutorial 5.1, mouth shapes ordered from
wide open to closed mouth.

One Scene - 120 frames per character (240 frames @ 29.97fps)

Each character has it's own switch layer for its talking head. Each sublayer contains differently named files. ie. Char1a.png .... Char1g.png and Char2a.png .... Char2g.png (imported on image layers)
Each character's voice is a separate mp3 file. (different actors)

Character 2 speaks first so I loaded it's sound track via import soundtrack menu, next I doubleclicked on Character 2's switch layer and used the switch tab to indicate the audio file to sync against. This was done at frame zero.
I moved to frame 121 and repeated the sequence for Character One.

During rendering I noticed that both characters were lip syncing at the same time. The audio files played in the proper sequence.

How would I delay the lip sync of the character that speaks last ?

Now I know to hide the switchlayer visibility during character silence, place a static character