Compositing HDTV stuff

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

slowtiger

Compositing HDTV stuff

Post by slowtiger »

I'm just testing two programs at the same time: Moho and Mirage (www.bauhaussoftware.com), because I need some software beside Moho which is able to deal with bitmaps (scanned drawings) in a comfortable way. It looks like no software is perfect (will it ever be?) or at least meets my requirements, so I expect to have to use the usual mix of not-so-perfect tools for the production of a bigger film.

So just for the fun of it I took an HDTV Quicktime-with-alpha of my animation, a short loop of a walk cycle (colored in Mirage), and a background of 3000 px width, and imported it all into Moho. No deal ... everything which had to be transparent was transparent, doing the pans was done in a minute, the quicktime looped seamlessly. The whole task including rendering in full HDTV resolution was accomplished even faster than in AfterEffects. I was really amazed that Moho had absolutely no problems at all with the file sizes or dimensions. And the quick zoom of the workspace, along with the simple camera movement controls, is awesome.

The result can be seen here (downscaled version, 3.3 MB):
www.slowtiger.de/examples/elestadt3.mov
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

It looks great! with good looking camera moves, ....very well done elephant walk, and it's good that moho is able to deal with big filesize
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Heh heh - that elephant is really funky!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?