Hair

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Do you like this brush?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:48 pm

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 1
Xork

Hair

Post by Xork »

Here is a trick I devised, (perhaps similar to others)? It makes use of a hair brush, not a typical kind you would use in Clip Studio for example but one designed for Moho. Insert the 'hair brush' into the brushes folder in your Moho folder, restart Moho. Select the 'hair brush' in the styles menu. Adjust the desired preferences, expand the width of the point(s) where you wish hair to appear. See the examples below.
The first image is set to '0' bush spacing and and angle of '0'. the second is to an angle of '1'. the second makes good eyelashes. Try changing the colors of your points for some extra fun.
Tip:
If your lashes have the appearance of reversing direction then simply delete the point and re-add it, the flow angle of the 'lashes' will now appear normal.
Can someone tell me why the hairs in my sample appear to be both Black and also the chosen color of the stroke? is it because the original brush .png is black? Perhaps eh?
The brush is available, just copy this png. or make your own, my symetry is not so perfect, but there you go, ...
Last edited by Xork on Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
synthsin75

Re: Hair

Post by synthsin75 »

Nice brush.

Without seeing the file, I'd guess you have some shapes stacked where the brush has multiple colors.
Xork

Post by Xork »

No stack, one, layer, one shape. I have had this experience before with multiple color. It would be desirable to control this aspect of this bruh, hmmm, ...
~Patrick
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Post a file and we can sort it out.
Xork

Post by Xork »

synthsin75 wrote:Post a file and we can sort it out.
Perhaps I can get a quicker answer here, rather than in the 'Post a Question' forum. So, my friends, how do I post a .moho file?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Upload it to a file sharing site, like Dropbox, File Dropper, etc., and post the link to the file here.
DK

Post by DK »

Nice brush Xork! The more hair techniques for Moho the better.

Cheers
DS.K
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

DK wrote: ... The more hair techniques for Moho the better...DS.K
well -- here's another one from AS8 days (2012!!) http://www.mediafire.com/?je3ygkyhjx6fj1f
more about it here: http://www.kelleytown.com/forum/animato ... IC_ID=1575

the zip file has: the two brushes; a sample .anme (!) file that, with the brushes installed, will give the example .png that's also in the zip
DK

Post by DK »

Thanks for the link hayasidist but I was thinking more along the line of flowing realistic type hair rather than the short pubic type :)

Cheers
D.K
Xork

Post by Xork »

http://www.mediafire.com/file/b05uuu0v0 ... .moho/file
Ah-ha! Here then is the pubes file.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Xork wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/file/b05uuu0v0 ... .moho/file
Ah-ha! Here then is the pubes file.
You do have stacked shapes. This often happens when new users use the paint bucket tool. Each has a shape with a fill and stroke on top of a shape with only a stroke. You can tell by either temporarily deleting a fill, or with the fill selected and the cursor over the fill, hitting ctrl+up_arrow and ctrl+down_arrow to select between stacked shapes.

It can also help to enable "Auto-name new shapes" in the preferences, so you can see how many shapes you have and select them by name.

What's happening is that the colored points in the filled and stroked shape apply only to the fill, while the colored points in the stroke-only shape apply to the stroke.
Xork

Post by Xork »

Ah, thnx Wes,
I'm on a Macbook-pro laptop, no up down, bummer. But suppose I'll find a work-around. BTW, on Animator'sFurum.com, I have registered twice, still cannot log in, and can't find an address to ask for help. Can you?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Xork wrote:Ah, thnx Wes,
I'm on a Macbook-pro laptop, no up down, bummer. But suppose I'll find a work-around. BTW, on Animator'sFurum.com, I have registered twice, still cannot log in, and can't find an address to ask for help. Can you?
It's usually easier for new users to avoid the paint bucket tool and either create the shapes automatically, using the options in the draw shape or freehand tools, or use the create shape tool on clean vectors. If you need to alter an existing shape, use the select shape tool and change its properties in the style window.

If you tell me the user name you registered with (Earthling?) on the AF, I can approve it.
Xork

Post by Xork »

Yes, Wes,
The name is Earthman.
And thank you.