Points not staying within main shape. :(

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

amazingsage00

Points not staying within main shape. :(

Post by amazingsage00 »

i'm sure and sorry if this has been asked before, but i'm a fresh novice.

i just designed a torso and i added some detail inside of it but the points won't stay inside the torso. i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong.
i tried to move it and the points that shaped my details didn't stay with my shape. another time i tried and certain points stretched along with the torso
but stayed in their original place. please help me and thank you for this awesome program.
will_f

Re: Points not staying within main shape. :(

Post by will_f »

Without seeing the file itself, I can only guess. It sounds like a binding problem.

Make sure all your points are bound to the correct bones. It may be helpful to review the sections on bone-binding in the manual.

Also make sure that your bone strengths are set correctly. If a bone's strength is too high, it can affect other areas of the rig. I mainly use point binding for my rigs, so I always keep the bones strength for all bones on a rig at zero. (Hotkey S brings up the bone strength tool.)

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
amazingsage00

Post by amazingsage00 »

thank you for the advice, i didn't know that. i'm not that far yet, and im still trying to learn terms! lol

but i believe my problem was that i wasn't welding the crossings!!

once again, thank you!
amazingsage00

Post by amazingsage00 »

thank you for the advice, i didn't know that. i'm not that far yet, and im still trying to learn terms! lol

but i believe my problem was that i wasn't welding the crossings!!

once again, thank you!