fill effect and rendering question

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

hmb

fill effect and rendering question

Post by hmb »

Hello. I welcome some help.

When I filled an vector object with Spots and Splotchy, I didn't like the outcome. I put it back to plain, but when rendering, it still adds the splotchy and spots. It ends up where I want, but takes a while to render. How do I get rid of that render history? I didn't find anything in Preferences. I tried to change the "Max render cache size," and unchecked the "Overwrite Preview Animation renders" to no avail. I set them back. This has me stumped.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: fill effect and rendering question

Post by Víctor Paredes »

You need to select the shape with the Select Shape tool and then set the effects to plain.
Be sure the Style window be in Advanced mode, that way you can see all the effects the shape could have attached.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
hmb

Re: fill effect and rendering question

Post by hmb »

Thank you. That was the really frustrating thing. I did that and it said "plain." I messed with this for hours and then discovered the problem. I had another unseen, identical shape below the one I was working with. I discovered it when I moved the wrong bezier curve point. I must have copy/pasted the extra shape and forgotten. I could smack myself. Thanks for the help. I learned a lot from this struggle (with the amount of struggles, one would think I would be brilliant by now).