Help with smartbone dial Action/mainline

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

hmb

Help with smartbone dial Action/mainline

Post by hmb »

Hi. I have not posted in awhile. I try to search for answers, but I'm truly stuck here. I have created a character, following a tutorial, which is going okay. I made a smartbone dial to make goofy, rolly eyeballs. So far my dials have worked until the rolly eyes. They work the way I want in the action but not in mainline. Attached pictures to hopefully clarify. Why do they go out of their assigned location when I go to the mainline? Image
amanandink

Re: Help with smartbone dial Action/mainline

Post by amanandink »

hey hmb, nothing seems out of the ordinary to me looking at your images. it might be that your pasting in the smart action as a regular action into the timeline (image2). or a bone binding issue. although it is curious as to why your bone constraints are not showing up on the bones. if you want to post the file and it will be easier to figure out the issue
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Yeah, if you've added the action to the timeline, the smart bone will then double its effect. That looks like what's happening.
hmb

Post by hmb »

Huh? Wow. I did add it to the timeline. Am I supposed to keyframe it? I hope it's that simple. Seems like more I learn, the more I don't know. Thank you for your advice. I will try to find something about adding bone dials to the timeline.