making your cartoon talk

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

puzzles shum

making your cartoon talk

Post by puzzles shum »

I am looking for good videos that show you how to make your cartoon talk, I am using moho student
dueyftw

Re: making your cartoon talk

Post by dueyftw »

From just having a mouth open to sound volume to using a tool like Papagayo you have to figure out what you want.
Do a internet search and remember that most technique for lip syn can be used in Moho.

dale
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Check this old tutorial:

If you are using Moho 12, the new Switch Selection window can help too.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
puzzles shum

Post by puzzles shum »

i am using 12 student and i having problems making a switch layer dose not seem to work for me. my character is made and it moves not i want to make it talk
obtusity

Post by obtusity »

Switch layers should work well in the Debut version of Moho 12. Switch layers are like a Group (or, in Debut, Bone) layer that only shows one sub-layer at a time, commonly used for different mouth shapes.

Please see the tutorial Victor posted. It starts with a very simple technique using sound volume to select which mouth sub-layer to show, followed by using Papagayo for improved detail lipsync.

If you are using Switch layers with Papagayo .dat files, it is very important that your Moho switch sub-layer names exactly match the Papagayo phoneme (viseme?) names, so for example AI (upper case, not ai in lower case, not AI.png)

If you are not using either of the techniques in the video tutorial, you might have to manually keyframe each mouth shape.